This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2010 6:58 PM by anela RSS

Phone keeps rebooting by itself....why?

Currently Being Moderated

Out of the blue my phone just rebooted itself. Now it wont stop. Every 5-10 mins it reboots. If I try to use it

it will freeze then reboot. Half the time it says I have no service. I cant even keep it on long enough to check

for firmware updates. What do I need to do? What is the problem?

• 1. Re: Phone keeps rebooting by itself....why?
    Regular Visitor

My phone kept doing this also.  I took it to the Sprint store today and they told me that the more you have on the phone the slower it is and that it will keep turning off and rebooting as a way of saying "I am full, too much on me...."  Not sure how true this is but I have been go so far. Anyway I have a task killer on now and have set most of my programs/applications to update every 30min as opposed to every 15min.  It is working thus far.

• 2. Re: Phone keeps rebooting by itself....why?
    polo.79 Valued Member

I THINK the problem is either you need a task killer or the task killer is not set up right. when setting up a task killer you should restart your phone and "exclude" anything that starts up with the phone. the only thing i do not exclude from the start up programs is twitter (don't use), footprints, NFL,  and stock market. I do not exclude any 3rd party apps unless it has a widget.

• 3. Re: Phone keeps rebooting by itself....why?
    qriusme Valued Member

Out of the blue my phone just rebooted itself. Now it wont stop. Every 5-10 mins it reboots. If I try to use it

it will freeze then reboot. Half the time it says I have no service. I cant even keep it on long enough to check

for firmware updates. What do I need to do? What is the problem?

It seems that you downloaded an app that's buggy from the market.  The best thing for you to try is to uninstall recent apps, reboot, and then try again.  if you have way to many apps, then you should try the factory reset.  This isn't as bad as it may seem.  Your pics/vids are stored on the sd card, and your email/calendar/contact is all in the gmail cloud, so it will sync back when you log back in.  You will basically end up losing your text messages - but you can back them up via mybackup pro if you want (paid app from the market).  But I don't think it's worth paying to keep your text messages.

Also, don't use any task killer.  just read this:

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/

• 4. Re: Phone keeps rebooting by itself....why?

Thanks guys! I did have/still have a task killer on my phone. That didnt solve my problem. I also didnt have all that much apps either.

Only about 10. I did uninstall everything (as the phone let me inbetween reboots) then about a day or so later it started working. I

added all the same apps back and so far so good.

Thank you all for you help!!

However now.... Im not receiving any text messages Grr!!!!

I can send but not receive.

Message was edited by: anela

Message was edited by: anela

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points