This discussion is archived
1 2 3 22 Previous Next 323 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2010 1:17 PM by sjamesmccarthy RSS

Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release

IzzyKS Sprint Employee
Currently Being Moderated

Current Version: S:M900.8.0S.CL14

The latest software update CL14 is currently only available by visiting a Sprint retail location with a Repair Center. Check our store locator to find a Repair Center location near you. We recommend you call ahead and make an appointment to avoid long lines.

http://storelocator.sprint.com/SL2/Default.aspxhttp://storelocator.sprint.com/SL2/Default.aspx

The ability to download the update directly on your Moment will be available in the near future. Continue to check the Support webpage for further updates. ** http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_Moment/case-wh164052-20091112-160130?&INTNAV=SU:DP:HDIA&INTNAV=MU:MU:20090620:CheckForSoftwareUpdates:RDIWT

CL14 OTW from your PC will be available Friday (02/19/10).  http://support.sprint.com/support/device/Samsung/Samsung_Moment-SPHM900ZKA.

Here's the link to the new post http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/27178

CL14 update includes:

• Network Assist GPS to allow indoor location fix
  • Updates to several third-party apps, including Visual Voicemail, NFL, NASCAR and Sprint TV
  • Change to Emergency Dial on lock screen
  • Hard reset available in recovery mode: remove and reinsert battery; press volume down, send and end keys until reboot option pops up; scroll to wipe data/factory reset; press OK
  • Various improvements to battery life

Message was edited by: izzyks

Message was edited by: izzyks

• 1. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    wingland Sprint Admin

Heh - so it really is CL14.  Isn't that the version the PCStudio.exe was leaking before it was ready?

Anyone have any experiences with this official version of CL14?

• 2. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    meatgel66 Regular Visitor

This has to be the most inconvenient thing --- to have to go to a repair center to update your phone! Of course, all of the close Sprint stores are NOT repair centers ... the one farthest from us is! Seems silly. My daughter and husband have the Moment and love it. I'll stick with Windows Mobile.

But I'll have to make the appointment and drive to get thier phones updated!

• 3. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    Regular Visitor

Definitely call ahead, I called this morning and my repair center that is fortunately not all that far away, had no idea what I was talking about.  They kept insisting that I needed to go to settings...blah blah blah, and download it OTA.  Even after reading her the release she told me that they didn't know anything about that there and my best bet was to keep trying to download it on my phone.  I'm sure this will be fixed in the next couple of days, but don't run straight to the store without calling first.

• 4. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    Regular Visitor

Just FYI, your post is really whiny.  People are complaining because of the bad customer service.  It's to be expected when you have close to zero communication on product updates and when you do get some information it appears that sprint isn't informing the service centers.

• 5. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release

Nice update but... The nearest "repair center" isn't even in m county! I life in a town with over 120,000 people and I can not get this done in my town!

I have to say that after years of defending Sprint becasue I have never had a customer support problem with them that this is just terrible.

It isn't that I have to go to a store to get the update. I can live with that. It is that I have to drive at least one hour to get the update and pass multiable sprint stores on the way to get said update.

Will it ever be an OVA update?

• 6. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    Regular Visitor

point is people are complaining on assumptions and guesses. a decade 1 bad rep i don't see it... the same people complaining that its out were complaining and yelling sprint would never release it. u have to sift through the whiners to find real questions and real answers. Most people don't realize the timeframes that have been announced already or the difference between faulty hardware and a device problem. I for once would like to come look at post on an issue and find a problem or a solution. its funny even after a solution posted there are so many complaints others coming in have to sift through the tears to find the result they need to and leave. after years of sifting through crybaby tears to get my info I had to say something. Now get a life or fall over i could care less. Sprint gives amazing service to the Majority.. somehow ****** off the minority here... Less than 2% of customers prolly post here... and Sprints coverage cant be beat within the US nor its pricing and what you get for the money as far as features. so again I i know you don't hear it enough TY for a decade of GREAT Service... Heres to another decade!

• 7. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    Regular Visitor

The ability to download the update directly on your Moment will be available in the near future. Continue to check the Support webpage for further updates. **http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_Moment/case-wh164052-20091112-160130?&INTNAV=SU:DP:HDIA&INTNAV=MU:MU:20090620:CheckForSoftwareUpdates:RDIWT Yes you have to wait a little longer and not OVA but will be downloadable on your home computer... ENJOY!

• 8. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    Levi4u Master

@tripsa4u, Nowhere does it state that it will be available OTA "in a few days"

Also you are on a sprint owned/moderated site so post like you are complaing about are going to happen weather you like it or not, You are the one breaking the forum rules by making personal attacks and calling members names.

• 9. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    Regular Visitor

I am very happy Sprint and Samsung are addressing the sofeware problems with the moment. However, When I called the repair store

PC Paging and Wireless

2021 L. St. NW

Washington DC

202-530-0477

I asked them if there would be a charge for the update and they asked me if I had bought insurance when I purchased my phone of course I did and there will be no charge but since they asked the question I assume those who didn't purchase insurance will have to pay a fee to have their phones updated. So you might want to do a little research on that aspect and make a posting either way.

DCDennis

• 10. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    Regular Visitor

Nowhere did i say OTA i said available for Download to your PC  and included that part of sprint post to followup for the individual that asked and all I pointed out is we get what we asked for and whining starts. I dont see complaints. complaints is something not being done. and read an answer in full before you attack

• 11. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    Regular Visitor

@levi4u and I see I should read more carefully too... go to top as Sprint said "The ability to download the update directly on your Moment will be available in the near future. Continue to check the Support webpage for further updates. " Hmmmmmmm did that say directly to your Moment... I think it did... Have a great day I am going to continue enjoying my Moment and enjoying Life... as usual I smile and laugh all day... Life is too short... smirks have fun

• 12. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    Levi4u Master

It will never be a "Download to your PC"(?) It says "The ability to download the update directly on your Moment" I did read what you posted and it was wrong.

I'm not attacking you, Just pointing out your attacks are against the forum rules.

Edit; I see while I was writing a responce you corrected yourself.

Not trying to start anything, Just pointing out that on this forum you have to take the good with the bad, Not everybody is a "fanboy" so just overlook those post if they bother you.

• 13. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    Bigtoona Sprint Employee

I want to clarify a few things and answer a couple questions.  First, you do not have to have insurance to get the update on your phone, I'm not sure why our Store folks asked that question but this update is available to everyone with a Moment, free of charge. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused, I can see why it would.

We definitely understand that going to a store is not the most convenient option but decided that having the update available as soon as possible was the best thing for our customers.  I can tell you that the teams working on the ability to download from your PC are working their tails off to get that ready a soon as possible. As you can imagine it's the best option for us as well and clearly much, much more convenient for our customers.  We had the in store solution ready so we had to decide whether we wait or make it available and I think we made the right decision.

One other quick note, if you decide to go to a store and are looking up the service and repair center nearest to you there's an option to schedule an appointment.  Most folks find it pretty convenient so give it a try.  www.sprint.com/storelocator

• 14. Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release
    momentoid Regular Visitor

First, give credit where credit is due.  It is good to see Sprint Admin "immediately" clarify about update and insurance.  Now about the update at Sprint Service Center.  I went there this morning.  None of the employees have heard about the update.  They looked through internal announcements and found nothing.  I had to guide them through twitter to lead them to this thread.  Clearly, someone dropped the ball on announcements.  At this center, because there is only one laptop working, wait time is more than two hours to get the phone into service and the update may take upto 2 hours (4+ hours).  I decided not to update today and go through the weekend if there are problems.  Frankly, I will wait for OTA or PC download version of the update.  And, even then wait a couple of days after it is available to avoid any more hiccups.  Just glad this update will fix bugs and happy to see Sprint is trying.

1 2 3 22 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...