This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 16, 2010 8:42 PM by wingland RSS

Find and update the software version on your HTC Touch Pro2

Currently Being Moderated

I'm glad to see Sprint, HTC, and WinMo finally addressed this issue - 15 days after it occurred, and 5 days after I gave up and used the workaround to get my text messages back in some semblance of order (using the device's internal clock). Unfortunately that workaround didn't retroactively fix the date of messages received prior to that time and everything was still a big mess, so I ended up deleting all of the messages from 01/01/10 (or, as it were: 01/01/16) through 01/10/10 when I actually did the update.

Sprint, please do a better job of communicating with your customers - at best during this time we got a "We're aware of this issue and hope to have a solution soon, but no guarantees." At worst we got, "We don't know what you're talking about, this is a limited bug only affecting a small number of users, it's Microsoft's fault, it's HTC's fault, etc., etc." You are a communications company! Please try to communicate better with your customers... for example...

In this update it is sort of announced that the WinMo 6.5 for Sprint customers will be out by the end of the first quarter of 2010... what happened to December 2009/January 2010 as once promised? Why can AT&T - whose passion is for everything iPhone and only gives a fleeting glance to WinMo - have WinMo 6.5 out 3-6 months before Sprint? Why can Verizon, also a CDMA carrier, have it out 1-4 months before Sprint? Sprint, we've had a longterm relationship here, but to quote the intro to the old Janet Jackson song, "I know [you] used to do nice stuff for [me], but what [have you] done for [me] lately?" Please get on the ball in keeping up with the Joneses!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...