This discussion is archived
1 69 70 71 72 73 108 Previous Next 1,618 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2010 5:38 PM by ajac09 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 1,044. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)
    Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

I finally received some confirmation of the Supersonic via Sprint Web Chat!!!

While I could not get a firm release date, I was told that "we will launch this handset very soon."

I've blurred out my name, agent name, time/date stamp, and session ID just in case the agent spilled info he/she wasn't supposed to.

Finally...

Sprint Chat.jpg

• 1,045. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

Hey guys,

I can't remember which message board I saw this on, but I did read that Sprint has a press conference tomorrow around 3:30.  I don't know how good that info is, because I got it second hand.  This is supposed to be a separate event from Dan Hesse's keynote speech, which is Wednesday morning.  My suspicion is that they will anounce their new devices tomorrow, and then he will focus on the 4G expansion/Clearwire relationship and direction during his keynote.

Also, I have a buddy that works at a corporate store, and he said their current pricing promotions end around April 16.  He said that is usually a sign that they will be getting some new devices coinciding with when they rollover pricing and floor sets.  I asked him if he knew any release dates or specific phones coming, and he said they there was not any mention of anything in their "Manager's Playbook", but that they often don't know in advance.  Sounds like they are keeping the employees in the dark about it, as well.

Additionally, he said if they don't get anything mid April, that the next floor set change is in June.

I'm as excited as everyone else here, but I'm preparing for the worst (June release) and hoping for the best (April release).

• 1,046. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)
    Expert

so you confirmed what we all already know? thanks for the same info we all know lol

• 1,047. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

P.S. For those that are on SERO plans like me, you will have to switch to one of those Everything Data plans for the Supersonic, but with unlimited text and data included it will still be cheaper than AT&T and Verizon.

• 1,048. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)
    Valued Member

Ajac:  I didn't know that we "knew" for a fact that the Supersonic would be announced tomorrow, besides jackson's assurances.  It seemed like we were still working off speculation... hoping that tomorrow's device announcement wouldn't be the Moto iDEN device.  Anyway, if everyone for sure knew already, then my bad... I, for one, really wanted to hear an actual Sprint employee confirm the "Supersonic" in name for tomorrow.

• 1,049. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)
    Regular Visitor

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=16339&news=HTC+Incredible+HTC+Supersonic+HTC+HD2+CTIA

"The Supersonic will reportedly be on store shelves a week or so after CTIA comes to an end."

more good news... i agree with the above post, i think they will announce the phone tomorrow (so we can all calm down, or get more excited), and Hesse will speak more about it Wednesday and talk about the 4g rollout.

• 1,050. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

Actually, after reading through all of the posts, everyone on here is speculating everything from a release tomorrow to "this summer", and no one knows anything specifically.  I'm just trying to help out by saying that I spoke with someone that works at a store and he said its not likely to be available tomorrow, even if it is anounced - that at the earliest it would perhaps be available mid April.

So ease up on the sarcasm, killer.

• 1,051. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)
    Valued Member

Hey Seven,

If you look at my webchat transcript, the rep seems to confirm that the phone will "launch" tomorrow... which I guess is pretty vague, but would seem to at least mean that it will be announced.  Otherwise, yeah, hopefully we won't have to wait too long to actually purchase one.

• 1,052. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)
    Expert

lol everyone go talk to sprint reps online and see what thier monkeys all tell us.. I am betting half will say never heard of it others will say no information and others will say tomrrow lol

• 1,053. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)
    Expert

i told you guys it would be the SUpersonic hahaha

• 1,054. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

... aaaaand for those of us that want to have a positive and productive conversation, let's hope we get some good news tomorrow.  Thanks to whomever posted the link to the article that said it could be in stores within a week of CTIA.  Wouldn't that be great!

ajac - The end all is that no one on this forum knows for certain when the phone is coming out, but most of us are here because we're excited about the prospect and sharing our research and thoughts, even if most of it is speculation.

• 1,055. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)
    Valued Member

I'm going to try to keep my expectations low on the phone coming out next week, would be AWESOME if it did but I'm not going to count on that part being that we've seen so many time frames thrown around the last few weeks. I also really hope that the phone will work well on 3G, obviously it has to work on all speeds sprints provides but I just hope the call quality is clear, on my instinct the call quality is awful and when I'm in my room at home I go anywhere from 5 bars to 0 bars and my room is only 12x13 so in just that little space my bars change a lot and I live in an area that has at least 2 towers within 2 miles of me. Would be great if they made an announcement that they were going to do more areas for 4G this year than just the ones they have announced, they really need to get that service into southern CA

• 1,056. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)
    Regular Visitor

Ok, aside from all the speculation involving the Supersonic, I'm wondering one other thing:

Why the heck is James Cameron part of a group of keynote speakers on thursday?

You heard it here first guys: "Na'Vi Photo App" for Android. Take a picture of yourself and it instantly adds Na'Vi features to your face to further "immerse" you into the world of Pandora.

• 1,057. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)
    Regular Visitor

I will say this.....if the supersonic does get mentioned within the next two days and the release date is before June then those (me included) who gave wjackson a hard time or doubted him over any posts/comments really do owe him an apology as he truly was legit and trying to help us out!  Just putting that out there!!

• 1,058. Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)
    Expert

it will come with dual mic tech like the N1

1 69 70 71 72 73 108 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...