This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2010 1:19 PM by halcyoncmdr123 RSS

Help! How do you set up call forwarding if your sprint phone is not available--need to forward

Currently Being Moderated

HOW DO YOU SET UP CALL FORWARDING IF YOUR SPRINT PHONE IS NOT AVAILABLE, I WOULD LIKE TO FORWARD TO MY OFFICE PHONE FOR THE DAY. IS IT POSSIBLE?

• 1. Re: Help! How do you set up call forwarding if your sprint phone is not available--need to forward
    Levi4u Master

For information on call forwarding, refer to the following:

• Call forwarding features are offered on both the first and second lines.
      • Types of call forwarding:
        • Unconditional (*72): Calls are immediately forwarded without the phone ringing.
        • Conditional: Calls that are forwarded to another number when the person who is calling you gets no answer or a busy signal.
        • Busy (*73): Calls will forward if phone is ringing busy.
        • No Answer (*74): Calls will forward if the phone not answered, or if the End key is pressed. Call forwarding charges apply when forwarding calls to other cellular or landline numbers.
        • Forward Busy and No Answer (*28): Combination of the above.
    • Unconditional Call Forwarding (*72) is charged at a flat, per-minute rate of $0.20 unless you have a Simply Everything plan.
    • Unconditional Call Forwarding cannot be set if either of the following apply:
      • Any call restrictions are added, excluding Caller ID.
      • The phone is no longer active.
    • Conditional: Calls are forwarded to another number when the person who is calling you gets no answer or a busy signal. You can choose to set up conditional forwarding based on the following:
      • Call Forward Busy (*74)
      • Call Forward No Answer (*73)
      • Forward Busy and No Answer (*28)
    • Call forwarding does not deplete cellular minutes included in your plan.
    • Call forwarding charges apply, except in the case of voicemail or SMS numbers.
    • Call forwrding is included at no charge in the Simply Everything plan.
  • 2. Re: Help! How do you set up call forwarding if your sprint phone is not available--need to forward
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

I don't believe there is a way to setup call forwarding without access to a working device on that number. I've never seen any capability like that for any phone, wireless or landline. To me it also seems more like a security risk overall. By making it be done by the device it is forwarding from it ensures that the owner wants it to be done (if the phone is stolen, then they have other considerations anyways, like turning it off entirely). Forwarding can accrue sharges at a fairly high rate if you get a lot of calls while using unconditional call forwarding.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points