This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2011 12:42 AM by JPSELDEN RSS

Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls

Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else had trouble with their Samsung Moment not acknowledging incoming calls? We've had our phones for a couple of weeks now, and I've had several people tell me that they've tried calling me several times and get a message that my phone number is unavailable but it doesn't go to voicemail and never shows up on my call log. My husband hasn't had this problem with his phone, of course he doesn't get as many calls as I do. It doesn't happen all the time, some calls do come through. But I have no way of knowing how many calls aren't coming through.

• 1. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls

I noticed that no one else is responding and may not be having this problem.  I am getting the same thing with my Moment as well.  My husband works out of town sometimes and he and other callers have said that my phone is going directly to voicemail or stating that I'm not available and sometimes there are busy signals.  The callers will send me text and it comes thru just fine.  I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem too or if they had it and know how to fix it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!.

• 2. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    Regular Visitor

hello, my moment has similar problems and more. i have had many many dropped calls and have had many go to voicemail and while i have full signal at home with an air rave and at work when i have full network signal. it just goes to voicemail . i have issed alot of work calls and have had to use my magic jack phone  as  the primary from owrk to reach me since its much more reliable than the smasung moment.

• 3. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    SCDLADY Newbie

I am having the same problem.. I too had a palm and that phone was great.  I am hoping Sprint has a fix or will at least offer us the option to switch without penalty

• 4. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    8043016354 Newbie

I am having the same issue.  I have been on with tech support several times since I bought the phone last Tuesday and no one can seem to get it to work.

• 5. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    yohdaddy Newbie

Edit your contacts to make sure none of your contacts are flagged to automatically forward to voicemail.

It's easy to accidentally turn this flag on when entering contacts.

• 6. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    JPARTRIDGE12 Newbie

i also am having the same problem. my phone will be fine when i power it on and then out of no where i notice im not receiving calls, texts, and i cant get on the internet. my phone will automatically turn itself into airplane mode?! I need my phone and if it isnt working its not doing me any good! it has done this since i got it 1 1/2 months ago and they are getting me a new phone saying it is just my phone is bad or something? I hope they have a better fix for it when it keeps doing it over and over again because i didnt pay for a phone that doesnt do what they advertise it to be!

• 7. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    JColt Regular Visitor

Grab the 2.1 update that came out today. That should fix the airplane mode problem

• 8. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    jnini Newbie

Does Sprint technical support actually know how to fix this issue?

Actually the tech support said they fwd this issue to more technical ppl or 'something'.   They said the ticket is closed but no explanation whatsoever.

This seems not a device issue if many ppl with different phone having this issue.

Really frustated with this problem.  Like having a phone but not having a phone since I cannot receive call/sms.

Like dropping bag full of money from the airplane....  Hm.. maybe I should get my chute and jump to another carrier

• 9. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    briggsann3803 Newbie

I have been having this problem pretty consistently for almost 6 months now.  The majority of my incoming calls go directly to voicemail, doesn't matter where I am, what I am doing/not doing, or who the caller is.  I also have the problem of not always connecting to hands-free bluetooth.  I finally contacted Sprint support a couple of months ago about the problem, after talking to 4 people, resetting my phone 5 times, they still INSISTED that the problem is NOT with the phone.  I have 3 lines of service with them, (my service has been for 10+ years now) the problem has ONLY been with the Moment. After working with support and arguing with them for over 4 hours, they finally agreed to send me a replacement phone (a refurbished one).  So I am on my second phone now, still the same problem!  I have not received a straight call on about a week now, all go straight to voicemail.  But they insist the problem is not with the phone, that possibly one of the local towers is not functioning at 100%... whatever!

Also, the phone has been updated, it is NOT going into Airplane mode unexplainably, and none of my contacts are flagged to go directly to voicemail.  I still instantly receive (most of the time) all messages and voicemails (right after the unreceived call).  Since resetting my phone numerous times, I have given up on downloading any apps, so that can't be the issue either.  I paid full price for this phone to begin with and I love the features, but I horribly regret buying it!

Message was edited by: briggsann3803

• 10. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    SCDLADY Newbie

I cannot believe that tech support continue to speculate why this phone is behaving this way.  It is very obvious it is not the service, but the actual phone.  How can so many users in different parts of the country experience the same problem .  They need to admit they were not ready to launch a phone on this platform.

• 11. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    briggsann3803 Newbie

So, I talked to someone at a Sprint store today (in person this time) and let him deal with support on the issue.....

First, the guy said it is likely because my MSID is the same as my phone number, and this is a common error with smartphones.  When changing that didn't work, they decided to reset the phone.  Again.  That didn't work.  Again.  Then it was decided that there was some  issue with my voicemail settings that is causing the problem, so they reset that.  It didn't work.  So now, back to the tower problem...

I don't know if anyone else has been told this, but they are convinced that the problem is with a service tower.  At least this time I got an explanation as to how this could be the problem.  So, they issued a "service ticket" for the repair people to go check out whichever tower they are accusing of not playing nicely and are supposed to notify me of the results within 72 hours.  Sprint was supposed to have issued this same thing when I called 2 months ago, but......  hmmmm.  I guess I will see how that goes this time.

There is a new Android update (v2.1) recently released, that should fix my Bluetooth issues, but the rest, I guess I will find out in a few days...

• 12. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    alvinray2002 Newbie

I have been having the same problem out of my moment. Sprint has constantly given me excuse after excuse but nothing works. (any suggestions)

• 13. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    ljalvarez1 Newbie

I have an LG Lotus and have the same problem - I can make calls/send texts - but I do not receive either incoming calls or texts... I've spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Sprint personnel - and they've been working on the problem since 2 days ago. How frustrating!

In addition, this is the second phone I've had in about 3 months - because the first Lotus didn't work properly either (the time/date stamp was out of whack so I was often transported to the future year of 2024 or 2030...it wasn't as interesting as it sounds). So Sprint sent me this refurbished piece o' no-good phone...

People who have also had this problem before - what was your final resolution? Any other outside discussion boards to post this problem on - and/or compare notes with others?

• 14. Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls
    briggsann3803 Newbie

So, I talked to someone at a Sprint store today (in person this time) and let him deal with support on the issue.....

First, the guy said it is likely because my MSID is the same as my phone number, and this is a common error with smartphones.  When changing that didn't work, they decided to reset the phone.  Again.  That didn't work.  Again.  Then it was decided that there was some  issue with my voicemail settings that is causing the problem, so they reset that.  It didn't work.  So now, back to the tower problem...

I don't know if anyone else has been told this, but they are convinced that the problem is with a service tower.  At least this time I got an explanation as to how this could be the problem.  So, they issued a "service ticket" for the repair people to go check out whichever tower they are accusing of not playing nicely and are supposed to notify me of the results within 72 hours.  Sprint was supposed to have issued this same thing when I called 2 months ago, but......  hmmmm.  I guess I will see how that goes this time.

There is a new Android update (v2.1) recently released, that should fix my Bluetooth issues, but the rest, I guess I will find out in a few days...

Update

Since the last preceding....

The Network Support called and insisted I get the very newest Android update before she would help me any further.  So back to the store I went as my phone will also not install drivers on my computer so it will be recognized when connected.  A few days later, another Network Support person called me again.  He was very nice and discussed the problem I am having.  He said he didn't believe it COULD be a network issue and was likely a make/model issue, but to be more certain sent a 3rd phone to try out.  Got another phone the next day, had to take it in for the update as well, and having been working with it for almost a week now.  It is hard to say whether or not it is performing any better since I have not had time to put the phone to the test.  I can say that I have now received more than one call from people that have never rung through before.  The only calls I have missed so far have been while I was playing with the camera and phone settings, so I take that as a plus.

If I do have problems again, he has assured me that I will be sent a different make/model phone.  Unfortunately for me, that would mean going to the Hero which does not have the slide-out.  I insist on keeping the Android with Google, so.........

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...