6 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2011 11:13 PM by wozjenny RSS

Samsung Exclaim won't receive calls or texts. Help?

Currently Being Moderated

I just got the Samsung Exclaim a little more than a month ago, and these past couple of days my phone has been acting strange and not getting calls or texts, either not on time or not at all. I can send texts or call people with no problem, though. I called Sprint, and they couldn't fix it right then and there, so they send a "ticket" or something to the main Sprint company to fix this problem, but nothing yet.. Has anyone else had this problem, and or does anyone have any advice on what I should do? I do want to keep this phone, I just want to get it  fixed.

• 1. Re: Samsung Exclaim won't receive calls or texts. Help?

I've been having the same problem...

• 2. Re: Samsung Exclaim won't receive calls or texts. Help?
    Regular Visitor

I am on my second Exclaim, my first one died.  I have had this phone for seven months and am experiencing the same problem.  As of late it has been very frequent, like all day today.  I am going to the store at 6:15PM EST to try and have it fixed but ultimately it seems there is no fix and Sprint does not care about our suffering of their faulty phones.  It seems that the Exclaim starts to act up around week three of use, that is when my first one died and my second one began acting out of sorts.  Your first easy fix would be to clear out the history and cache from your web options.  But this is only a temporary fix.  The phone will continue to act up and services will degrade and worsen regardless of what you do.

• 3. Re: Samsung Exclaim won't receive calls or texts. Help?
    Regular Visitor

I made a 6:15pm appointment for service today.  I went to the gym after work.  Showed up at the store at about 6:18pm and the service person informed me that he had left me a message at 5:45pm saying that they don't take service calls after 5:00PM (but they book them online and confirm via email  just for dookie and giggles I guess).  Really?  But you are open until 7pm.  And I am standing in a COMPLETELY empty store with the exception of about 5 or 6 service people who obviously don't have *explicative* to do for the next 45 minutes.  Must be nice to be employed by Sprint in a recession.

So he said something about me being able to come back tomrrow to which I replied, "No thanks."  As I was leaving an employee who was standing outside smoking asked me what was going on.  I told her that I could not receive text messages on my phone . She took my phone from me and started looking at it and we both walked inside the store.  She serviced my phone.  It took her about 20 minutes.  I started getting texts immediately.  I don't know what she did.  She did tell me that there is another upgrade that takes 45 minutes that should premanently correct the problem.  So I would say go to your store and set aside about an hour.  I likely will not be able to go until Saturday but I will let you know how it goes.  Also, I had already done one Firmware upgrade on my phone last week and actually, it started acting up a little more after that.  So maybe there is a series of things that should be corrected or upgraded.

Hope this helps.       

• 4. Re: Samsung Exclaim won't receive calls or texts. Help?

I called Sprint technical support earlier yesterday and got no help from that, but today I called and the guy was able to reprogram my phone and now it works just as it did when I first got it. But thank you so much for the advice, I was about to do what you did if they couldn't fix it today.

• 5. Re: Samsung Exclaim won't receive calls or texts. Help?
    Regular Visitor

If by reprogram you mean he took you through a bunch of prompts and codes to enter into the phone as a fix, I have had that done too (in December).  Hopefully it will work for you but I still had problems afterward so don't be surprised.

• 6. Samsung Exclaim won't receive calls or texts. Help?
    wozjenny Newbie

Ugh....I have the same problem with my Samsung Exclaim.  We actually have 3 of them because the Sprint store told us how GREAT of a phone this was.  BS.  It's ****.  The keyboard is not working as it should, 2 of the three phones are not getting texts or calls.  Great, we use our cell phones as our main mode of communication.  It's wonderful when you don't get calls or texts as you should.

I called technical support many times and it's always the same old story, same old song and dance my friend.  It's let's reboot the phone, enter this and that, do these upgrades - see how it goes.  Oh you got my call right away, awesome, we fixed it.  Yeah, no you didn't. It will get calls and texts when it wants. 

I texted my sister at 4 pm yesterday.  She got the text around that time tonight.  I will call my husband, no missed calls, no ringing, nothing.  I'll be in the middle of the city and I get a signal like I'm out in the boonies.  I can't get any reception on it half of the time and being inside a house is like being inside a maximum security prison signal-wise.  I've been with Sprint 6 years almost now....wow, really awesome when the bill goes out and they want the money immediately for ****** to no service, but when I call and want the no or ****** service issues fixed, they have no clue how to.

I am working on breaking my contract with Sprint and avoid the early termination charges unless they provide all 3 of us with new phones (NOT EXCLAIMS) at NO CHARGE with a 30 day guarantee on them.  If they don't do this, I will be cancelling and will NOT pay the fee. They can charge it to me and I'll submit it to not only the BBB, but the FCC as well. They have guidelines they have to follow and cancelling for non fixable service issues is not something they have ANY RIGHT to charge early termination fees for. I'm sick of SPRINT and want them to either fix the issue with these phones, give me new, or else I'm cancelling & going ito AT&T.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...