This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2010 10:31 AM by wingland RSS

Airave and Virgin Mobile issues?

freeman76 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I just purchased a Virgin Mobile cell phone for my exchange daughter and she was so excited to give it a try. Everytime we tried to send a txt it would error out. I then tried a call, and it told me to get out of the private spring network to make the call. Im guessing they mean the airwave? It really wouldnt be too much of an issue if i didnt require the airwave in order to use my phone in my home. Anyone have an feedback on what I can do?

• 1. Re: Airave and Virgin Mobile issues?
    sashinn5 Newbie

I had the same problem. I have sprint with an airave. My kids have Virgin mobile. I contacted Virgin mobile and they sent me a virgin mobile phone that was flashed to run off the sprint network.

Problem solved.

• 2. Re: Airave and Virgin Mobile issues?
    gsicaeros0711 Newbie

.... but VirginMobile phones already run off the SprintPCS Network, I am curious as to what exactly they did to your phone.

May I ask you what model of wireless handset did your kids use? and does it still work?

I have the same situation at home, well.. except that I have no kids and I am the one using VirginMobile (*just* dropped the itch and made the switch.. )

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Airave and Virgin Mobile issues?
    wingland Sprint Admin

The Airave (v1) blocks phones that are not provisioned on the Sprint network.  Verizon, Virgin Mobile, Cricket, etc.

I have the same problem when the family comes to visit with their Virgin Mobile phones.  I have to turn the Airave off when they are here so they can use their Virgin Mobile phones.

There is a new Airave coming out next year that should address this problem.

Thanks!

Will