This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2011 9:10 PM by TMHGGJ RSS

LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34

maistergoku1983 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Ever since i got the phone ive never been able to send a text message always get this

Ack Time Out

Cause Code:34

No clue what to do, too lazy to call them and ask for help on this, I always have bad experience on helpdesk, was once on the phone for 2 hours on verizon phone call to tell me i have a bad modem when it was 100% fine, Idiots.

At the time i assumed the prob was the network when i got it so i dragged my feet on trying to solve the problem and forgot about it. Well now i want to fix it, been a few months and its always given me the same error all the time.

Willing to try anything thanks.

• 1. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    Evoando Newbie

I just bought the LG rumor touch yesterday june 22 and I am getting the same error about 6 times in a row, calls are going through but texts are not.

• 2. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    minson76 Newbie

I have the same issue...it started yesterday.  ***?

error code 34

calls work but no texts

this sucks!

• 3. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    Evoando Newbie

I went into the sprint store and they helped me out, put they didnt completely solve the problem. I can get txting to work but i still get the error message every once in awhile. If you take out your battery for about 10 secs, then go into settings and go to data, there is a refresh (update profile), hit that and your good to go (for awhile). I hope I dont have to continually do this everytime i get the error message. Hope this helps.

• 4. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    AMMALI1 Newbie

Mine does this all the time... I found that just powering the phone off and back on usually restores the texting. That's annoying to have to do every few days, though, but the fact that a reset works tells me it's got to be something in the software. Something that could be fixed with a nice firmware update... *bats eyes at Sprint*

• 5. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    mel48021 Regular Visitor

I hope they fix this issue SOON.   This has been going on with me for the last couple weeks.  When I power off and back on it works fine. But sometimes it's a few hours by the time I realize there is a problem, when I turn my phone back on, I will get like 30 texts, that didn't come through from earlier.  NOT COOL!

• 6. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    jayweb24 Newbie

yes, i got my rumor touch 5 days ago and i get this problem multiple times daily (but i am an active texter).

resetting the power on it does work but then itll take like 10mins at the least til i receive my texts and its very frustrating and inconvenient. i hope sprint definitely fixes this problem VERY soon

• 7. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    SMPal Newbie

i have had the same problem, got the phone on 3rd of july and the error message would go about twice daily, been on phone with sprint multiple times and they said that they are working on upgrade to fix the problem. should be firmware update.i don't have internet on my phone and you apparently need internet to upgrade said the sprint store. took my phone to corporate office and they did not even know the problem existed! the problem is that customers can't report the problem it only comes through the technology guys at sprint. so if more people bring the phone in with the problem they MAY report. it. manager was extremely rude!!!!! there is screen she showed me saying there were no problems with the model of the phone and i can't report that there is problem cause i am only a customer??!! ***. yeah i was ******. the only thing i can tell you guys to do is trade the phone in and get same model and that may fix the problem. sorry...i am just as flustered with sprint!

• 8. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    Kennedybreeanne Newbie

Wow, that happens to me too. I have the LG rumor touch.. but i am doing it after like 3 texts.. and my boyfriend isnt to happy it takes me an hour to get it too work agian. Its driving me nuts, i restart it but somtimes that doesnt even work. Holy heck. This phone is making me angry.

• 9. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    dshoem01 Gold Expert

This issue has been reported and is being looked into.  A temporary workaround is to power cycle your phone.  I will post more information when available in the linked thread below:

UPDATE:

A maintenance release for the LG Rumor Touch was released on 8/26 that should correct this problem.

See the maintenance release thread here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/42199?tstart=0

Message was edited by: dshoem01

• 10. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    AMMALI1 Newbie

Thanks, Admin. The link you posted is broken, but hopefully our phones won't be for too much longer. We appreciate it!

• 11. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    SHERRIEBOOP Newbie

My question is what is code 34? It's great that they are working on solving the problem of why, but if they programmed this code, they should know what it stands for and I would expect them to be able to relay that here. (Now currently a problem on my rumor touch).

• 12. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    dshoem01 Gold Expert

I've updated my post above with a link to the maintenance release thread.  If your phone is on the most current software release and you're still having these issues, please post back.  Thanks!

• 13. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    carlenealix Newbie

I JUST BOUGHT THIS PHONE FOR MY TWIN DAUGHTERS 1 DAY AFTER YOU LAST POSTED. THE GIRLS ARE BOTH HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE CODE 34 SENDING TEXT ON THEIR LG RUMOR TOUCH. I HAVE BEEN IN COMMUNICATION WITH CSR AND TROUBLE SHOOTER AND ALSO VISITED THE SPRINT STORE WHERE I PURCHASED THESE PHONES 2 DAYS AGO. THE GUY CLAIMED TO HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM AFTER 1 HOUR AND CAME HOME AND MY DAUGHTER TOLD ME SHE'S STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.. I'M FRUSTRATED. I HAVE TRIED DOWNLOADING THE LASTEST VERSION AND A CODE 7777 COMES UP SAYING LATEST VERSION NOT AVAILABLE.. HELP. ON PHONE WITH TS NOW AND HE IS TRYING BUT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. ;(

• 14. Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34
    DaveGrigsby Newbie

I just got the Rumor Touch. Have had it for about a week. I experienced Code 34 and 107 today. Unable to send text messages. I have read this thread and my version is LN510ZVC. I can't get a newer version to download, get the 7777 code, but was able to update the PRL. I reset the phone recently and am able to text again. I hate to think sprint sent me a garbage phone. i may revert back to my trusty flip phone and be done with smart phones altogether.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points