This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2010 4:11 PM by scubadoguk RSS

Battery life on the blackberry 8530

scubadoguk Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have been getting only 4 hrs or so WHY ???

Message was edited by: IzzyMO

• 1. Re: Battery life on the blackberry 8530 sucks?
    mzsongstressdanielle Newbie

Make sure that you don't have a bunch of applications running in the background.  Just like with a computer, when you have too much going on, it will run sluggish, or kill your battery faster (if using a laptop).  Sometimes pressing the back or escape button doesn't close the program you're using.  It often times, depending on the application, works like the minimize feature on a computer application.  It may be gone from your screen, but it's still on in the background.  If you press and hold your BB menu key, you'll be able to see everything that is currently running.  The only things that should be on at all times are : Home, Phone, BBM, Web, Messages (and not necessarily in that order).  Also, make sure your WiFi connection is off whenever you do not need to use it.  That is also a battery drainer.  You could also set your backlight to a lower setting and to automatically dim after a short period of time; turn off the LED blinking that shows you're connected to the Sprint network and even to your bluetooth.  Those are unnecessary notifications.  You'll be able to see on your screen at all times whether you're connected to either, so why let the LED just blink all day for nothing?  That's all I can think of right now.  These are the things I do, and my phone lasts almost all day, with heavy usage.  Hope this helps!  Be blessed, be a blessing!

• 3. Re: Battery life on the blackberry 8530
    ampdavo10 Newbie

I to was getting poor battery life. However, after some research, a few tips and tricks later I learned to turn off WIFI when not in use. WIFI is a huge power consumer in the 8530. also reduce your screen brightness and reduce backlight timeout setting. I now get about 9 hours of pretty heavy use. hope this helps!

• 4. Re: Battery life on the blackberry 8530
    scubadoguk Newbie

Thx guys great tips seems to be working

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points