This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 2:10 PM by 14KNIGHT RSS

4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK

DABOTS Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I am a customer and want to know when 4G will become available in Oklahoma City, OK.  I am very interested in the EVO and would love to use the additional speed!

• 1. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    Koncreteliquids Regular Visitor

I am very interested in this as well, I am right on the verge of dropping AT&T (whom I have been with for over a decade) to try this phone with Sprint...  If I could get a general "We are aiming for summer of XXXX" I would be happy...

• 2. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    Koncreteliquids Regular Visitor

I have good news, I spent quite a while on the phone with Sprint today...  Went through several levels of support and Oklahoma City is scheduled to have 4g by the end of the year with Moore/Norman/Tulsa and a few metro-centric areas by Spring of 2011

• 3. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    MichealJD Newbie

I hope that is correct. I have the EVO and love it, but since I have to pay for 4G I want 4G.

• 4. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    brendansparents Newbie

I can assure you right now that dropping AT&T will be the smartest thing you've ever done!

I am literally paying a fraction of what AT&T would cost having an Iphone an data plan now that I have Sprint and my Evo4G. If you are paying AT&T

$25/month for only 2GB of data, you might as well just bend over and take it because they are screwing people left and right. I listened to Pandora for 30 minutes today and it used almost 2GB...but Sprint is unlimited data and I can do whatever I please. If I had AT&T, I wouldn't even want to know what the bill would be.

The Evo 4G is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better then the Iphone....in my opinion it blows it out of the water. And not having service with AT&T is worth it alone.

• 5. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    BPIERC01 Newbie

I was in a retail store looking at the epic and was told around spring '11 for the 4g service in Tulsa, OK

Message was edited by: bpierc01

• 6. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    alynn0032 Newbie

I have had a Evo since it was released. I have tons of friends that have an IPhone and want my Evo extremely bad!!!! I was out at the Zoo Ampitheather the other night and everyone had an Iphone but could make calls. 5 people ask to borrow my phone!! I use my Evo for everything. It is worth every penny!! Dont wait for 4G to come to OKC. Just go get the EVO. It is extremely fast with 3G.

• 7. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    AJAC009 Expert

eh okc isnt even lsited in the sprint forecast for 4g... so lets all wait till sprint says something. I hope its soon though. Verizon has lte in okc now and I hate Verizon!

• 8. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    IIKON691 Newbie

Ok guys well we got our wish, we now have 4G on the west side of OKC and in Norman. There are also some other locations around the state that have it like Tulsa and Lawton. You can check the coverage at clear.com.

• 9. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    Ag3ntJay Regular Visitor

Lawton coverage is available on the east side of town and parts of Ft. Sill.  Unfortunately, I live on the west side of town and outside of coverage.

• 10. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    candiele Newbie

why am i not seeing any evidence of your claim on the sprint coverage map, which was updated two days ago?

• 11. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    Ag3ntJay Regular Visitor

Because Sprint has not made an "official" announcement that 4G is in Lawton.  Sprint only has 4G where they have officially announced it is available.  Trust me it's here in Lawton.

You have to check the map at clear.com/coverage and see the potential coverage, or if you want to see where there is ACTUAL 4G coverage in Lawton, search for the Sensorly Map viewer on the Android Market.  You will see what coverage I have mapped already.  As always your results may vary.

There is only one cell in town right now, but I would imagine that they would expand coverage.  Just knowing that there is even one cell in town gives me hope that the entire town may be covered soon.

• 12. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    EWAGNERJR2000 Newbie

I am able to see 4G in OKC at 23rd and may area.  7 meg down and 1 meg up.  It's expanding.

• 13. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    AJAC009 Expert

norman has expanded as well picking it up off porter and rockcreek at the 711 wasnt before. Wonder how long till they make the oklahoma is lit up annoucement. Seems alot of small towns in oklahoma have it to..

places so far with 4g in oklahoma

ponca city

stillwater

enid

okc south to mid

norman

lawton

weatherford

Tulsa

Message was edited by: AJAC009

• 14. Re: 4G coverage - Oklahoma City, OK
    essiac1 Newbie

I just check Sprint website on the subject of 4G.  It is not in Oklahoma..Here are the states that it shows and Oklahoma is not on the list.

Right now as of 1-27-2011 it list the following states that have it. Note: you can go on Sprint and put in your email and it will alert you when we get 4G.

California                        Michigan

Colorado                        Minnesota

Connecticut                    Missouri

Delaware                        North Carolina

DC                                 Nevada

Florida                           New Jersey

Georgia                          New York

Hawaii                           Ohio

Idaho                             Oregon

Illnois                            Pennsylvaina

Kansas                         Rhode Island

Maryland                       Tennessee