This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2011 5:54 PM by jeseybrown1 RSS

can you help me

llewdrib1 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I'm having problems with my son. i want to block his text messaging until he straightens up how do i do that online

• 1. Re: can you help me
    howtowhere Newbie

it's easy, Go to sprint.com and sign on to your account, click on my sprint then click on my device and media, scroll down click on the messaging icon then under that you will see the block text in yellow. note make sure your browser setting set to accept cookies always and nothing blocked, or you will not be able to edit your block list and you will get directed to the main page. The bad thing about sprint text blocking is who ever try to send you text and is in your block list will think you are getting the text and they will not be notified that they been blocked.

OK now if your son has his own phone but under your account and you want to prevent him from sending text, you can go to my sprint, my account, on the right you will see change my plan/ add remove services, then click on the phone number you want to edit.....

Message was edited by: alexnash07

• 2. Re: can you help me
    RMALINGER Newbie

I am listing Sprints instructions for this but the problem with them is that they only involve a blocked list of numbers which your son could easily change. The best way to do it if your son has his own number but it is on your plan would be to change the plan for that particular phone. It would be easiest to just call Sprint and tell them what you want to do. Just tell them you do not want texting on that particular phone.

sending you a message using My Sprint

Block an email address using My Sprint ... | Click the Block texts ... | text box, enter the email address or entire domain you want to block ... | Some account plans do not have the option to block text messages using My Sprint.

Created Apr 9, 2010
    Text Topic

Block or unblock a phone number from sending you text messages using My Sprint

Block text messages from a phone number ... | Click the Block texts

Created Apr 9, 2010
    Text Topic

Block or unblock Premium Text Messages using My Sprint

To block a specific Premium Text Message service short code using My Sprint: ... | Click the Block texts ... | Some account plans don't have the option to block text messages using My Sprint.

Created Apr 9, 2010
    Text Topic

Block or allow text messages from your phone

You can easily block unwanted text messages from your phone using text messages. | This service allows you to manage your blocked senders list without the need to access Sprint.com ... | Text response from Sprint:

Created Apr 15, 2010
    Text Topic

Block or unblock a phone number from sending you text messages by contacting Customer Care

To block or unblock a phone number from sending you a text message by phone, dial *2 to reach Customer Care and request to block specific number.

Created Feb 16, 2010
    Text Topic

Block certain phones on your account from using Premium Messaging

To block all Premium Messaging services for a particular phone number, you can call us by dialing *2 and request that all Premium Text Messaging be blocked for that phone number.

Created Feb 2, 2010
    Text Topic

Block or Stop Receiving Multimedia Messaging (MMS)

Pay-As-You-Go text messages are $0.20 each and $0.25 for audio and image messages. ... | You can also contact us to completely block MMS messages.

Created Jun 25, 2009
    • 3. Re: can you help me
      newmom29 Newbie

my son carries his phone to school and to be safe that nobody takes it he put a pass code he forgot it what should we do?

• 4. Re: can you help me
      jeseybrown1 Newbie

what you have to do it go to you sprint home page and go down and on you right hand side i would say mange you account i think you have to click that and you should see block tet messaging and that should help

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
    • Helpful Answers - 2 points