This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2010 12:18 AM by SWILKIE68 RSS

Just purchased the HTC EVO!!

newcomb68 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Shouldn't have spent the money that I really couldn't afford to do, guess I will have to work harder and extra hours to make up for the $345 I just spent on the NEW HTC EVO.

So far I REALLY LOVE this new phone and couldn't wait 5 months for my upgrade to kick in, so I spent the extra money and got me one today. Got lucky too because there were only 3 left in the store when I got there. I must say WOW! what an impressive phone. Love the BIG screen on it. The only thing that I dislike is the power button location. On my HTC Hero it's right there in front of you which I still have of course. Got a great deal on a 3rd line without my bill going up every month because I'm a Sprint Premier Customer I got the 3rd line for free.

Hats off to Sprint with the release of the EVO but somewhat disappointed with the extra $10 a month for the 4G service.

• 1. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    badankles Expert

thanks for rubbing it it.  just kidding.  good for you.

• 2. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    SB210 Regular Visitor

Congrats!  I just did too about 2 hours ago and wow, what an amazing device!  It's so user friendly and intuitive.  Even a not-so-computer-savvy person could flip his or her way through a bunch of menus and become familiar with it with a little time.  I think this phone is easier to use than the HTC HD2 which my husband just picked up about 1.5 weeks ago.  He had to go with T-Mobile to buy that phone but thankfully, I waited long enough to pick up one of these unique and super awesome gizmos.  It's an amazing phone and while it's charging, I'm setting up my online account and going to get the Google apps setup lined up for me to start downloading away!

Have fun with yours!  Oh and if you're looking for apps, the Verizon lady whom I spoke with on the phone for a while today told me about Police Alert Lite and Trapster and another app called My Coupons.  She was really friendly but couldn't help me locate an HTC Incredible so I called Sprint down the road from me and voila' - they only had 3 left and the guy set one aside for me so I could come buy it!

Woo hoo!!!!!

• 3. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    SB210 Regular Visitor

Congrats!  I just did too about 2 hours ago and wow, what an amazing device!  It's so user friendly and intuitive.  Even a not-so-computer-savvy person could flip his or her way through a bunch of menus and become familiar with it with a little time.  I think this phone is easier to use than the HTC HD2 which my husband just picked up about 1.5 weeks ago.  He had to go with T-Mobile to buy that phone but thankfully, I waited long enough to pick up one of these unique and super awesome gizmos.  It's an amazing phone and while it's charging, I'm setting up my online account and going to get the Google apps setup lined up for me to start downloading away!

Have fun with yours!  Oh and if you're looking for apps, the Verizon lady whom I spoke with on the phone for a while today told me about Police Alert Lite and Trapster and another app called My Coupons.  She was really friendly but couldn't help me locate an HTC Incredible so I called Sprint down the road from me and voila' - they only had 3 left and the guy set one aside for me so I could come buy it!

You're right about the power button - it's not as easy to find when you have the soft rubber case over it (which consequently, isn't included).  Compared to the HTC HD2, the packaging materials aren't nearly as fancy but Sprint gets an 'A' for environmentally conscious packaging.  They minimized waste which is a bonus in my book.

Woo hoo!!!!!

• 4. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    badankles Expert

wow, twice, is the first rub not good enough?  you have to rub it in again?

• 5. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    JOSHUACARRERO28 Newbie

love the phone not the charges!!!!

• 6. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    jmpr250 Regular Visitor

I purchased mine 3 days ago and I really love it!

• 7. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    jsmcdon1 Regular Visitor

Congratulations on the new phone! I have had mine a week and just love it. Best phone I have owned, and I have owned a lot of them. The EVO pretty much does it all. It's fast, bright, and has lots of memory. I just love this device.

To those of you waiting for your EVO to arrive, it's worth the wait! Hang in there. I know how you are feeling.

• 8. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    UMUCUGRAD Valued Member

suggestion to all new EVO users.READ ALL POSTS AND LEARN WHAT NOT TO DO WITH YOUR PHONE. I AM AMONGST MANY WHO DID AS SPRINT SAYS, AND  SOME OF US HAD FRIED PHONES. PLEASE ASK BEFORE YOU DO CONFIGURATIONS OR UPDATES, AND ASK WHAT OTHERS DID TO AVOID CATASTROPHIC FAILURES OF PHONES. PLEASE ASK, OR INQUIRE AS TO WHAT YOU NEED SUGGESTIONS ON FIRST, THIS WILL SAVE YEARS OF ABUSE ON SELF. WELCOME TO THE TOP DOG OR CAT OF CELL PHONES.

• 9. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    TIMESHAM71 Newbie

Actually, the $10 monthly charge is for the Premium Data Package. The EVO is connected to the internet constantly, meaning it uses up a lot more bandwidth that any normal (not awesome) phone.

• 10. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    CALLISTOCURVE1 Newbie

I just got my evo today and so far I'm loving it very much. am trying to find a way to save battery life. is there anything i can do? i have advanced task killer along with autorun killer. any thoughts?

• 11. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    asfamily Newbie

I also purchase the Evo the day they were released I am also a premier customer but I have to pay the additional fee for the third line how did you get it for free if I might ask is that one of the regular benefits of premier customer.

• 12. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    Mav86 Regular Visitor

newcster86,

Glad to hear about your new purchase and needed to ask how did you go about getting the third line for free, being a Sprint Premier Customer and all, I wasn't told about that one, is that something we have to ask for or is it automatic???

• 13. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    FRYDAYBOB1 Newbie

I bought two EVOs in June. They come with a so-called one year manufacture's warranty against defects. I also purchased the loss/damage insurance. My EVO cycle crashes. It tries to start over and over but doesn't. Sprint did a hard restart on Thursday 11/18, and gave it back to me with a see if this works response. It did work for two days. I took it back and they "ordered" another on Tuesday 11/23. With the Thanksgiving holiday's they told me the phone they "ordered" might be in Friday night or Monday evening 11/29. Because of the delay I asked if I could do an exchange for one of the new phones they had in their store. Although I bought a new phone with a new phone warranty, I was extremely disappointed to learn that Sprint will only replace the defective device with another previously defective device that's been refurbished. I can't imagine that they would really expect one to believe that if they can't get it right the first time from the factory, how would they get it right on a defective used one that they recycle. To me, analogus to buying a lemon of a new vehicle and the instead of replacing it, offers you a used one off the lot. Nevertheless, I couldn't believe it when the sales rep offered to sell me a new one for $400+. That was rich. I like the phone and usually like Sprint's service, but not this time. 

• 14. Re: Just purchased the HTC EVO!!
    SWILKIE68 Newbie

I just purchased one today. I am not happy with it personally. I bought it because its suppose to be able to be a hotspot for your laptop. Well I followed the book to the letter and I even have my laptop seeing it and logged on but no internet then I get an error on the phone? I also uploaded pics and music but cannot find out where they went or how to get there so I can use them. I personally am not a huge cell phone person but I like electronics and thought well if it can be a hotspot then its worth it especially since we do not even have 4g in the area I think I would have been better off with a lesser model. I even remember when I bought the HTC Touch emerald a few years back it had all kinds of issues. Oh well correct me if I am wrong.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...