SS-Marriott Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Whenever I turn on the Sprint Hotspot on my EVO, It immediately says:

"Data Call Failure"

"Error Code 67 .Registration

failure. Your PCS Vision

username and/or password may

be incorrect. Please try again"

Also, the icon on the top of the screen doesn't have the 3G symbol in it. I don't know why.

• 1. Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G
    wingland Sprint Admin

Error 67 usually means you do not have the Mobile Hotspot add-on attached to your account.  You will need to contact Customer Care and have them add that to your plan.

http://sprint.com/contactus

Thanks!

Will

• 2. Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G
    BSHAPI02 Newbie

I am having the same problem. Need to go back to the store and make sure they provisioned the phone properly. My account shows that I am paying the $10 per month 4G fee (although 4G does not work anywhere that is shown on the map) and it certainly does not work as a hotspot in 3G or 4G mode even though I am paying $30 per month. These are the problems with being an early adopter, I guess.

• 3. Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G
    Unnplugged Expert

You can call Sprint customer service to make sure they have the hotspot provisioned on your phone. No need to go back to the store.

• 4. Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G
    davidrleigh Newbie

I'm having the same problem and customer service says I'm provisioned. There seems to be a conflict somewhere. It keeps telling me I don't have a mobile network connection but when I turn the hotspot off, I can access my email from my handset.

What's the solution? The router is sending a signal to my laptop. But the router isn't getting a connection to the mobile network!

• 5. Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G
    MBJ6551 Newbie
    in response to: davidrleigh

Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G

I'm having the same problem and customer service says I'm provisioned. There seems to be a conflict somewhere. It keeps telling me I don't have a mobile network connection but when I turn the hotspot off, I can access my email from my handset.

What's the solution? The router is sending a signal to my laptop. But the router isn't getting a connection to the mobile network!

I am having the same problem as davidrleigh and I also have the $29.99 Hotspot plan add-on. Even after over one complete hour on the phone with the highest levels of tech support including 4 technicians, one supervisor, a hard reset, and loss of all my personalization’s and downloads today, I am still unable to connect and receive the Error 67 message. I was briefly in another area earlier today that had 4G and surprisingly noticed that I was able to connect the Hotspot with no problem. I was informed by advanced tech support that regardless of 3G or 4G I should not be having this problem. However, no 4G seems to equate to no Hotspot.

I was advised to attempt a phone swap for my HTC EVO as this "may be an EVO software issue". The Hotspot is the main reason I bought the phone just yesterday after waiting for over a couple of weeks for someone to get it in stock. It is unlikely I will be able to swap phones any time soon, but hopefully within the 30 day return without penalty window allowance. If no resolution by then I'll simply return the phone and switch to the iPhone with ATT.

If more than a few people (which is obvious in these forums) are having this very same issue with HTC EVO phones that have the extra $29.99 Hotspot plan and that are correctly provisioned, I hope that Sprint will look into investigating this matter to identify and rectify the real cause…sooner than later please.

Hopefully a solution will come soon.

Thank you,

• 6. Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G
    STEPHYDOLL13 Newbie

Wow I'having the same problem but it happen after the last update Sprint seems to be having a lot of problems lately with me that is hope you guys fix it soon.

• 7. Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G
    davidrleigh Newbie

It turns out that although I'd paid for the hotspot service and showed in their system as having done so, my start date was set for weeks ahead. Once we corrected the start date everything worked fine. Ugh!

• 8. Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G
    moramajama Newbie

I'm getting the Error 67 as well on my Evo. Only happens when I turn the hotspot on. Should this be a problem after the Android 2.2 update? This was supposed to be part of the OS.

• 9. Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G
    KIKI18191 Newbie

WOW so I just added the hotspot yesterday & my laptop connects to the Evo's router but it cant connect to the internet...does anyone know if this is my laptop setting or a problem with my Evo settings? I have connected to Wi-Fi networks before on my laptop so Im thinking its something with the Evo's setting! I dont get a error message...it just says my laptop is connected but Im not sure if the numbers that the Evo shows as my laptop are correct or if their just random numbers. Does anyone know how to help or figure it out!? Thanks!

• 10. Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G
    razorwindmo52 Valued Member

I am having the same dreaded problems all of you are having. I called Sprint and they started my service but, still cannot connect my laptop. No 24/7 support so I will try again later today to find or resolve this problem.

• 11. Re: Set up Sprint Mobile Hotspot on your HTC EVO 4G
    JeanettePhippin Newbie

I had the same issue with my Evo and the store did a hard reset on my phone. It fixed the registration error message because I had sprint hotspot add-on on my account. I still had issues with connecting to hotspot until I changed security to wep(128) and now it works great. I never called tech support I went to a sprint service center store, listed as a repair now site.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...