Check page 74 of the user manual
Using the Device’s microSD Card as a USB Drive
To transfer music, pictures, and other files from your computer to your device’s microSD card, you need ?
to set the device’s microSD card as a USB drive.
1. Connect the device to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
2. When the Connect to PC dialog box appears, tap Disk drive, and then tap Done.
3. On your computer, the connected device is recognized as a removable disk. Navigate to this removable
disk and open it.
4. Do one of the following:
* Copy files from the computer to the device’s storage card’s root folder.
* Copy files from the device’s storage card to a folder in your computer or computer desktop.
5. After copying the files, unmount the removable disk (that is, the connected device) as required by your
computer’s operating system to safely remove your device.
6. Do one of the following:
* Disconnect the device from the computer.
* If you want to keep the device connected to the computer but want the device to be able to access and
use the storage card, open the Notifications panel, tap Disk drive, select an option except Disk drive,
and then tap Done.
I can answer this question. It took 3 1/2 days to figure it out, but I did figure it out. Then I ordered my pics and picked them up yeasterday. Here's the instructions:
The common problem the HTC EVO user's have been having, is how to download and upload photo's so they can be ordered through Sprint's Picture Mail website. Well, after 3 1/2 days of searching, testing, digging, staying up late and pretty much ignoring our soon to be 6 year old grandson, I have solved the problem. But, here are step by step instructions for the HTC EVO Picture Mail situation:
***NOTE: Very Important - Pictures sent to your e-mail, will appear as a zip file/folder. You must have a program that will open zip files. I found one that was/is completely free. I downloaded it and it works great. The one I chose is jZip. Here's their link in case you need it: http://www.jzip.com/
(1) send pictures from your HTC EVO to your email address
(2) Open your email -
Click View Slide show or Download All (You can also "download all" after viewing slide show)
(3) Download All - Box will appear with all attachments. Click on "Down load Attachments"
Pictures from your email -- a box will pop up asking what to do with the picture.
(4) Save File -- down load folder - Right click on attachment and with JZip (free to download and use) - extract- All Files/Folders in current folder
(5) In your download box, highlight the attachment in the download you want to open.
(6) Right Click
(7) A new box will open - look for "Extract" Click to 'extract"
(8) Save to files/folders and click again- "Extract"
(9) Go to Sprint Picture Mail
(10) Create a new album- save- click on empty Album. In the large box above it will show, "Empty Album" ------ UpLoad Media
(11) Click on Upload Media
(12) Browse --- Find folder with pictures
(13) Highlight desired picture(s) - click "open"- This will send it to the "Upload" box for Sprint Pictures.
(14) Upload from PC - Click Upload
(15) When download is complete - it will say "success" . Close this box. Your pictures will now be in front of you in your Sprint Album details. Click "order prints" and proceed to place your order.
Message was edited by: BirchBay03
The best software I have found is MyPhoneExplorer to sync your EVO to your pc, it will handle photos as well but you will have to turn this on in the settings on the PC side of the software. Don't waste your time with the HTC sync software that comes with the phone, it is no good.
Here is the link to get the FREE MyPhoneExplorer software; http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php
Not sure where you are at, are you talking about the software not recognizing your phone or your computer? If you have the HTC Sync software installed you will never get anything to work, the driver it uses to connect with your computer is no good. Try uninstalling the HTC Sync software and restarting your computer. Next plug in your phone and wait for the driver to self install, a screen should come up on your HTC EVO phone asking what type of connection you want, choose HD or hard drive. A screen on your computer should come up asking if you want to view the files on your phone, say yes (at this point you can manually move or copy the photos). But, if you want the photos to move over automatically you will need to use the software I recommended, if you want to sync photos you will need to modify a setting in the advanced menu area of the software you installed to do this. Good Luck, Dan
Check out a fun infographic that teaches you how to increase storage, enhance security, improve battery life and clean your device.