This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 30, 2010 9:39 AM by mmark27_ RSS

I set a lock pattern and my HTC with Google will not recognize the correct pattern

steven.ralph Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I set up the lock pattern last night.  I tried to use my phone this morning and it will not recognize the pattern lock that was set.  Yes, it is the correct sequence.  As soon as I press the first correct sequence button, I get a "sorry, try again" message.  I do not get anything saying to enter my google account info as was suggested in another post.  I don't know what else to try.

• 1. Re: I set a lock pattern and my HTC with Google will not recognize the correct pattern
    Silver Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

You should be able to do a physical hard reset of the phone.  Sorry, its the only way if you can't get in with the lock pattern. That is, if its really your phone and you are not trolling to find out how to break into a stolen phone.  All information will be wiped out.

Factory Data Reset: Warning, back up all your data  first before doing this.  This will wipe all your data and return the  phone to the original factory state. This can be performed by going  through the menus to reset the data (Menu -> Settings -> Privacy  -> factory data reset -> Reset Phone -> Erase everything) OR by  the key stroke method (for  HTC Hero only): Power the device OFF. Press and hold the Home and  Back Arrow buttons.  While holding these buttons, press and hold the  End Call button.  Release End Call, Home and Back arrow buttons and  press the Trackball once to execute the Hard Reset.  You should see some  skateboarding android robots. Follow the prompts to clear the data and  reset the device.  The device will reboot once the process is complete.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points