This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2011 3:52 PM by CHRISPOPE10 RSS

Issues with Picture Mail

jeremynkristy Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have the LG Rumor 2..My husband and I share the Everything Messaging Share Plan with 1500 minute..unlimited texting and Picture Mail.

Well when I go to take a picture and then hit send and select a contact, it says "Connect to Internet?".. I then hit cancel because I do not want to connect to the interent because the interent is not included in the plan,,

My husband can take a picture and he can send it, never have had an issue and we are on the same plan just diifferent phones..

All I get is the run around with Sprint and I have had enough of it.. The last lady told me I would have to add the $15 pack to it, but why since picture mail IS included..

Is there anything I can do ?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Issues with Picture Mail
    Levi4u Master

Sending picmail does require connecting to data, Your husbands does also, It is included in your picmail plan, You will/should not be charged data for using picmail. The data included in your picmail plan only allows sending/receiving picmail/videomail, Accessing the web,email or any apps requiring data is not included. You do not need to add a data plan in order to utilize your picmail, The rep was misinformed.

• 2. Re: Issues with Picture Mail
    jeremynkristy Newbie

Thank you for the reply

My phone gets charged data every month where his does not..same plan and on the same bill...

I contact them several times a month and nothing gets resolved...Sometimes they have removed the data but then tell me I need to add the data so I will not be charged. It makes no sense why mine is being charged and his is not. I can be right next to him and try to send a picture and it still asks to connect.. But he can send it to me..

• 3. Re: Issues with Picture Mail
    Levi4u Master

The LG Rumor 2 is known for being problematic with the picmail plan incurring data charges, Call Sprint and ask them to research and add the soc code to your account that was developed to avoid the charges. There is one, Just most reps do not know about it.

• 4. Re: Issues with Picture Mail
    BETHWARD722 Regular Visitor

That is good information.  Can you tell me how I can get the pics off my phone in MY ALBUMS onto the picmail?  If that's possible without being data charges?

Thanks

• 5. Re: Issues with Picture Mail
    Levi4u Master

What phone are you using, Is it a LG Rumor 2?

• 6. Re: Issues with Picture Mail
    Levi4u Master

http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/lg/rumor2/rumor2_by_lg_ug.pdf (User Guide)

Starts on page 77, In the camera menu is an option to "Upload" your pics to your picmail account, This is included in your plan if you have a messaging plan.

• 7. Re: Issues with Picture Mail

Yes I am using the rumor 2 and thanks for the quick response.  Page 77 says upload to picsmail.  Does this mean NO CHARGES will incur.  I am on the Everything Messaging 1500 with family.  And is this the same with the LG LOTUS?

Thanks for the help

Message was edited by: bethward722

• 8. Re: Issues with Picture Mail
    Levi4u Master

Yes, This is included in your plan. You will not incur any charges for using it.

http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/lg/lotus/lg_lotus_ug.pdf

Page 92, Yes, Same menu, You will not be charged for using the options in the camera menu.

• 9. Re: Issues with Picture Mail

Thanks again.  So even though I have to connect to the internet... I will not be charged?

• 10. Re: Issues with Picture Mail
    Levi4u Master

Yes, You will not be charged. Using the picmail and it's options require data, But that data usage is included in the messaging plans.

Picture Mail Options (Included) Will not incur charges.

Picture Mail Phone Menu Options

1. Take a picture from the phone.
    2. Select Options.
    3. Select a contact name, phone number, or e-mail address to send the picture.

Picture Mail Text

1. Text message notification 'You have new Sprint Picture Mail'.
    2. Select the message.
    3. Open the link in the message to view the picture on the Picture Mail server.

Upload to Sprint Picture Mail Web Site

• Picture Mail plan users only.
    1. Select Picture Mail option on the phone.
    2. Upload the picture from the phone to an album.

Post to Service Menu Option

1. Access Picture Mail on the phone.
    2. Choose Post to Service.
    3. Select a Web site type such as Facebook orMyspace.
    4. Continue with posting pictures.

Data Usage Options (Not Included with PictureMail) Will incure charges.

Compose e-mail with Picture Attachment

1. Compose an e-mail from the internet web browser or e-mail application on the phone. (AOL, hotmail, Yahoo!, etc).
    2. Attach a picture from the phone.
    3. Send.

Pictures Using the Web Browser

1. Access the Web browser on the phone.
    2. Locate Web pages such as social network sites like Facebook, Myspace, Youtube, and PhotoBucket.
    3. Log in to the Web page (if required).
    4. Post, view, make comments, or download pictures to the phone.

Web Browser to Find Pictures

1. Access the phone Web browser.
    2. Type a URL or select an option such as google.com.
    3. Search the Web site for pictures.

Downloading/Viewing a Picture Using Web Browser

1. Access the Web browser on the phone.
    2. Type a URL or select Digital Lounge.
    3. Locate the picture.
    4. Download the image and agree to any download charges that may apply.

Downloading a Picture from Text Message

1. Access the standard text message (not notified as Picture Mail).
    2. Select the included URL.
    3. Purchase and download the picture from the Web site.
  • 11. Re: Issues with Picture Mail
    dshoem01 Gold Expert

Great info!  I'm going to move this thread over to the Plans forum where it will be easier for folks having the same type of questions to find it.

• 12. Re: Issues with Picture Mail

Thanks for that information.  Unfortunately when I call Sprint or go to the store they both tell me the same thing.  "It is data and will incur charges."

Crazy.  I don't get it.

Thanks for the help...

• 13. Re: Issues with Picture Mail
    Kelashzac3 Newbie

Hi, I am having a very similar problem. I am on the Everything messaging family 1500 plan with two other lines. I have a Rumor Touch - my brother has the same exact model. We just received our bill for August-September 18th, and only my phone was charged with about 20 extra bucks for "574 KB of data" - I never use data. I use the most picture mail out of the three of us on the plan, but that's supposed to be unlimited. The only thing I can think as to why this is the case is that I'm at a college in a small town in the middle of nowhere, meaning I'm in roam almost all the time. I make sure I am extra careful when I send pic mail - I *always* send my pictures in a spot that's not in roam. If I notice my phone randomly decides to switch to roam in the middle of sending, I cancel out of the connection immediately. However, I of course can't control when I receive pictures from other people - I always get those in roam, since my dorm room is the cess pool of roaming. Also, I am on automatic roaming. My mom has called the sprint customer service and went to the store back home - I've been researching the details of my account - but there is no clear reason as to why I'm being charged for data. Can anyone clear this up for me?

• 14. Re: Issues with Picture Mail
    ByronL72 Newbie

We have the same plan also, and yes, they do charge you for sending pics. It's called casual useage data. This is absolutly ridiculous! Plus, we are paying for this plan, and we have so much trouble with the pic mail! It's starting to get under my skin...

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points