This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2007 8:41 PM by AlexS RSS

New Sprint user/Motorola Razr V3m

Currently Being Moderated

Hello group,
New to Sprint but not the Razr. Have some questions. First, with my other V3 with Cingular I could upload my pictures taken to my Imac via bluetooth, but i cannot seem to find this feature with this phone? Does Sprint not allow you to upload pictures to your own machine via bluetooth? I don't want to pay extra for their online picture service since I only do this once in a great while. I also tried removing the card and putting it in the adapter but my computer didn't even see the card..Seems they don't give you an easy choice to get your pictures off the phone.

Also is their anyway to change the functions the hard buttons do? The hard buttons are preprogrammed with features I don't even subscribe too so are a total waste for me or not in a good layout for me. I would like to reprogram the large button on the right side of the screen to activate voice record instead of the camera and change the right button on the keypad which is music now(another wasted feature for me) to run the camera(on my other Razr this button was for voice dial so I am constantly turning on the camera when I am trying activate voice dial too).

I purchased the Motorola tools software with the phone but for some reason it doesn't work. It will work fine with my old V3 but when I plug this phone in it doesn't seem to have the correct driver or something..Very dissappointed in the software and also the layout of the phone buttons..Otherwise the phone is great.

Any insight would be greatly appriciated,
John

• 1. Re: New Sprint user/Motorola Razr V3m
    Expert

jonjonbear wrote:
    Hello group,
    New to Sprint but not the Razr. Have some questions. First, with my other V3 with Cingular I could upload my pictures taken to my Imac via bluetooth, but i cannot seem to find this feature with this phone? Does Sprint not allow you to upload pictures to your own machine via bluetooth? I don't want to pay extra for their online picture service since I only do this once in a great while. I also tried removing the card and putting it in the adapter but my computer didn't even see the card..Seems they don't give you an easy choice to get your pictures off the phone.

Also is their anyway to change the functions the hard buttons do? The hard buttons are preprogrammed with features I don't even subscribe too so are a total waste for me or not in a good layout for me. I would like to reprogram the large button on the right side of the screen to activate voice record instead of the camera and change the right button on the keypad which is music now(another wasted feature for me) to run the camera(on my other Razr this button was for voice dial so I am constantly turning on the camera when I am trying activate voice dial too).

I purchased the Motorola tools software with the phone but for some reason it doesn't work. It will work fine with my old V3 but when I plug this phone in it doesn't seem to have the correct driver or something..Very dissappointed in the software and also the layout of the phone buttons..Otherwise the phone is great.

Any insight would be greatly appriciated,
    John

1. Your bluetoothing things to your laptop? You should be able to. Sprint programs OPP out of their phones............so phone to phone is out of the question but OBEX will allow you to do virtually everything else...........it could be that your laptop needs a driver.........
    2. the soft feature buttons at the top of the phone cannot be changed unless you edit the phones SEEM and i dont know which part of the SEEM you would have to edit so thats someone else's question to answer
    3. the V3m uses a different friver from the regualar V3 so i think the V3c driver will work with it but i'm not sure........get the Motorola Phone updater and download it and run it...........then plug in your phone and it should work for a SEEM editor and P2K Commander for editing the phones system files but for what your suggesting you are going to need Motorola Phone Tools...........get it at the website..........i think that its $30 or something like that

• 2. Re: New Sprint user/Motorola Razr V3m
    Expert

also i dont know why the comp doest see your card............thats either a reader problem or acard problem not a Sprint/cell phone problem

• 3. Re: New Sprint user/Motorola Razr V3m
    Valued Member

this board is fairly new, and i've not delved into seem editing here, but howard forums has a tremendous amount of info on seem editing motos....

kev

• 4. Re: New Sprint user/Motorola Razr V3m

Thanks for the replies guys..
    I did figure out how to "bluetooth" my pictures to my imac. On my old phone you pulled up the picture and one of the choices were to send it to your computer if you were linked but for some reason this one (either the phone or Sprint) doesn't let you but you can link up and then "browse" the phone folders through the computer and download them that way. Takes a bit more work but at least it can be done. Camera is so much better in this phone but I did discover that it only takes larger pictures if you don't "zoom" the shot..

Is the Motorola updater something I can download somewhere? Is this a patch to the software? I thought it odd the software seems to work with every other razr but this one but maybe this phone is just too new. I do have the Motorola Phone Tools but again it just seems there is not a driver for this model so I guess I need to figure out how to update it. Will look into the howard forums too..

Thanks for the tips,
    John

• 5. Re: New Sprint user/Motorola Razr V3m
    Expert

jonjonbear wrote:
    Thanks for the replies guys..
    I did figure out how to "bluetooth" my pictures to my imac. On my old phone you pulled up the picture and one of the choices were to send it to your computer if you were linked but for some reason this one (either the phone or Sprint) doesn't let you but you can link up and then "browse" the phone folders through the computer and download them that way. Takes a bit more work but at least it can be done. Camera is so much better in this phone but I did discover that it only takes larger pictures if you don't "zoom" the shot..

Is the Motorola updater something I can download somewhere? Is this a patch to the software? I thought it odd the software seems to work with every other razr but this one but maybe this phone is just too new. I do have the Motorola Phone Tools but again it just seems there is not a driver for this model so I guess I need to figure out how to update it. Will look into the howard forums too..

Thanks for the tips,
    John

i was unaware that you were able to bluetooth ringtones and pictures with a Sprint phone...........the phone is capable of it but the feature isnt included in the Sprint firmware..........
    and a lot of the questions that you might have can be answered at this website...........it might even answer more than that.............you can download the Motorola phone updater at this website:

• 6. Re: New Sprint user/Motorola Razr V3m
    Regular Visitor

Update your phone to the latest version - you will find it in the system folder on the phone menu. Then update your MPT - just run MPT and update. Once you have the latest version of both your V3m will be on the list of phones to select on MPT. Works great!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...