This discussion is archived
1 2 3 19 Previous Next 275 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2011 5:40 PM by EDE44S RSS

Will we see the Blackberry Torch???

ktronf1 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

C'mon Sprint... We didnt see the Storm... Evo is a nice phone but in my opinion its way too big... Obviously you can see im a blackberry user... If Sprint doesnt get the Blackberry Torch I may be jumping ship to another carrier...

• 1. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    BigDaveStr8 Newbie

SPRINT let's get it together.  I've been with sprint since I was 16yo.  I just recently switched to the blackberry tour last year and I DO NOT intend to switch from my blackberry EVER...SO Sprint I'm gonna need you to get this Torch or at least something very very very similar ASAP...Let's GO

• 2. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    MSGrandness29 Newbie

AGREED!  AGREED! AGREED! WE NEED THE TORCH!!!  WE ARE ALWAYS BEHIND ON THE BEST PHONES!!!  AND, WITH THE NEW iPHONE... I'm JUST ABOUT WILLING TO PAY MORE FOR A BETTER PHONE... SPRINT CUSTOMERS ARE BEGINNING TO BE TALKED ABOUT!!!

• 3. I want to put my two cents in.
    jbwinters Newbie

We need the Torch.  Sprint has always focused on having the best phones and since the iphone, it has been behind the ball.  We need the torch.  I am a family of two blackberrys and I will switch carriers if this does not come.  Please I beg, get the torch!

• 4. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    gibbons.hayley@yahoo.com Newbie

I Agree! The Torch MUST be on Sprint soon or Im jumping ship in September!  I have had them for the last 7 yrs, but I need a smaller phone!  The LG Remarq is about the same size and I LOVE the size, but I need it to be a blackberry format!

Does anyone know if you are able to buy a Blackberry torch just on the market and have it flashed or just put your current sim card into it to work with sprint?

• 5. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    jojones44 Newbie

I been with Sprint since I was 17. Over the years sprint has let me down with the phones. I have to agree with one of the following users, the EVO is to big of  a phone. Sprint CEO please hear my cry. WE NEED THE BLACKBERRY TORCH ON THE SPRINT NETWORK. Sprint already has a good network so why not get a good phone to go with it.

• 6. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    ktronf1 Newbie

im not even under contract with Sprint anymore so technically i can leave NOW! but i really dont wanna switch to AT&T to get the Torch... I would be upset if i switch carriers and then Sprint ends up getting the Torch... So at this point just gonna wait and hold on to this upgrade that i have available until i kno for certain wether Sprint will get the Torch or not... If NOT!!!! IM GONE!!!! Nice knowin' ya Sprint Wireless....

• 7. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    community3 Newbie

I would really like to stay with sprint. Lately ive been contemplating on changing phone carriers. I really do like the blackberry phones. I havent seen sprint do anything major to keep up with the competeition( besides the evo). There's the new iphone4 and now the blackberry torch. What are we doing to keep up with the competition? I hope that you at least get the new blackberry torch. Its getting really hard not to switch phone carriers. If I leave my family and friends would soon follow. Please contact me.  

• 8. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    EDE44S Newbie

I need that torch or a version of it, in the blackberry form. been with sprint since 02 and a premier customer. We got to do this tour is nice and so is that new bold but the torch is where it's at.

• 9. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    ktronf1 Newbie

I gotta say Sprint prolly has one of the worst lineup of phones outta all carriers... would you all agree?

• 10. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    Uniquebuddafly79 Newbie

I agree sprint need to come out with better phones and they can start by getting that Blackberry Torch!!! boy oh boy do i want one !!!lol

• 11. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    VorlessDarkChaos Silver Expert

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2010/07/25/rumor-blackberry-torch-slider-9800-coming-to-vodafone/

The BlackBerry Torch Slider is potentially coming to Vodafone in the September/October timeframe. We have heard that 9800 will be coming to Rogers, Sprint and AT&T as well. Release dates aren’t confirmed yet but the Torch Slider is probably going to touch down on AT&T first, with a rumored launch date of August 15th.

The Torch Slider is going to be the first device to have BlackBerry 6 and the new Webkit browser. The latest OS is going to address a lot of the user frustrations with navigation and the Webkit browser will make BlackBerry’s web browser on par with the rest of the market.

• 12. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    LS15 Newbie

Sprint is behind every carrier when it come to NEW BLACKBERRYS!!  I have a call into AT&T and am ready to go there and get that BLACKBERRY TORCH.  SPRINT NEEDS TO STEP UP THEIR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 13. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    VorlessDarkChaos Silver Expert

Lstead15 wrote:

Sprint is behind every carrier when it come to NEW BLACKBERRYS!!  I have a call into AT&T and am ready to go there and get that BLACKBERRY TORCH.  SPRINT NEEDS TO STEP UP THEIR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At&t only has limited data plans for mobile phones. $25.00 for 2 gb and $10.00 per gb if you go over 2 gb

• 14. Re: Will we see the Blackberry Torch???
    Sprint Employee

The Torch is cool. About time Blackberry came out with something new. For me, it's getting harder to justify a Blackberry device in general. I'm paying an extra $30 a month just to use the BB network. Sure, the email is fast, but not much faster than any other smartphone. Devices come and go. Seems new ones are coming out more often than before. If money is a consideration at all, consider the plans too. The plans on Sprint are far and away better than Verizon and AT&T for the same stuff. In fact, you will get more for less. But I get it, it seems the device itself is the main thing folks are looking for. The newer, the better. My anniversary date is coming up in a couple weeks, and I'm sticking with Sprint because of the value. They do have some cool phones and new ones coming out every month or so. Android seems to be the wave of the future, and Sprint is the only one with 4G right now. So, looking at either the HTC EVO or I might wait for the new Samsung Epic 4G (rumored to be coming in late August or early September this year. I hear it's the bomb!)

1 2 3 19 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points