This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2010 9:45 PM by halcyoncmdr123 RSS

Any Mobile, Anytime??

Avin_45 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

with Any Mobile, Anytime does it mean I can call my family in Las Vegas who are on Verizon with my phone in Pensacola?       Thank you for your help

• 1. Re: Any Mobile, Anytime??
    Levi4u Master

Yes, Any mobile, ANY CARRIER, Anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and it does not count against your minutes.

• 2. Re: Any Mobile, Anytime??
    Avin_45 Newbie

cool thank you for your help

• 3. Re: Any Mobile, Anytime??
    ABKARIBI12 Newbie

Lie! If you are out of the sprint network when you make or receive the call, it is not included.  It is easy to enter roaming mode in areas where sprint signal is weak, therefor, any mobile, anytime does not apply there!  I was shocked to see that on my bill!!!

• 4. Re: Any Mobile, Anytime??
    shadyballs Regular Visitor

WTH?? I was not aware of that..Are u on a plan that does not include roaming??

• 5. Re: Any Mobile, Anytime??
    Levi4u Master

LOL, It is not a "Lie" I just forgot to add that it is while on Sprint's network, If roaming it will count against your mins.

@Shadyballs, All the newer Sprint plans have roaming included(it is limited to 800 mins or a majority of mins used) But even though the plans include roaming they still will count roaming mins against your anytime mins.

• 6. Re: Any Mobile, Anytime??
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

Plans include "free roaming" not "unlimited roaming". You are not charged for roaming usage, but it does count against your minutes, and you are limited on how many minutes you can use while roaming. As posted Levi posted you are limited to 800 minutes, or 1/2 of your minutes used. Going over that limit won't shut it your phone service off, and you aren't charged if you go over. However if you consistently go over the limits, you are notified and advised to reduce your roaming usage; if you do not, your account will be terminated.

Mobile to Mobile and Any Mobile, Anytime do not apply when roaming. This is the same for mobile to mobile with every carrier, if you are not on the native network the carrier must pay the roaming partner for every minute of usage, so you cannot have free reign on the amount of usage when roaming.

• 7. Re: Any Mobile, Anytime??
    ABKARIBI12 Newbie

No, the plan includes roaming which means I can roam but this does not mean the roaming calls are free, they are deducted from your anytime minutes not your unlimited any mobile to anytime minutes.  So if you go over your anytime minutes, you get charged 40 or 45 cents per minute.  My point is that it is very easy to enter roaming mode even within the city where you live while calling a mobile number you know should fall under your unlimited any mobile.  So, depending on what satellite is strongest where you make or receive the call, you may end up not getting many calls that fall under your any mobile any time unlimited calls.  To prevent entering roaming mode, sprint asked me to switch my phone mode to prevent entering roaming mode so that all my mobile to mobile calls would be in the sprint network.  This helped prevent me making calls while in roam mode.  It worked, problem is, I can't make calls while in my office because the sprint signal is weak there (it picks up verizon signals when i switch to roaming mode), and my calls get dropped a lot when I'm on the road.  Just laying it out there so you make the most educated choice. Before you commit to this plan, try switching your phone to not roam and see if you can make and receive calls okay in the areas where you use your phone the most.

• 8. Re: Any Mobile, Anytime??
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

abkaribi12 wrote:

No, the plan includes roaming which means I can roam but this does not mean the roaming calls are free, they are deducted from your anytime minutes not your unlimited any mobile to anytime minutes.  So if you go over your anytime minutes, you get charged 40 or 45 cents per minute.  My point is that it is very easy to enter roaming mode even within the city where you live while calling a mobile number you know should fall under your unlimited any mobile.  So, depending on what satellite is strongest where you make or receive the call, you may end up not getting many calls that fall under your any mobile any time unlimited calls.  To prevent entering roaming mode, sprint asked me to switch my phone mode to prevent entering roaming mode so that all my mobile to mobile calls would be in the sprint network.  This helped prevent me making calls while in roam mode.  It worked, problem is, I can't make calls while in my office because the sprint signal is weak there (it picks up verizon signals when i switch to roaming mode), and my calls get dropped a lot when I'm on the road.  Just laying it out there so you make the most educated choice. Before you commit to this plan, try switching your phone to not roam and see if you can make and receive calls okay in the areas where you use your phone the most.

1. You are not charged for roaming, that constitutes the definition of "free". Having the usage deducted from your minute allotment does not mean you are being charged for roaming. Plans that don't include free roaming are charged $0.69/min used while roaming, on top of having the minutes count towards their allotment and any overage charges that may apply as well.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/free

FREE   
    adjective, fre·er, fre·est,  adverb, verb, freed, free·ing.

11. provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment: free parking; a free sample.

2. Roaming deducts from your minutes because Sprint must pay whichever carrier you are using at the time for your usage, this is much more costly than operating a call within Sprint's own network. No carrier offers free roaming that doesn't count towards your minute usage. No carrier offers unlimited roaming either.

3. When entering roamnig modes every device tells you you are roaming. Depending on the model it may appear differently, all current (and recently discontinued) devices Sprint offers use the standard roaming triangle in the signal meter to show this.

4. Mobile networks don't use satellites. Satellite phones and GSM/CDMA/iDEN mobile phones are entirely different. Land-based mobile phone technology requires towers to be constructed within range of each other for network handoffs.

5. Coverage varies widely from location to location. I almost never roam where I live (Tucson, AZ). The only place I ever go that I roam is in an area where Sprint does not have any towers at all in northern AZ. Others may have entirely different results, it depends on where you live. Around here there aren't many hills or trees (it is a desert after all), yet AT&T and T-mobile consistently have terrible coverage. Sprint and Verizon have great coverage in my area. Coverage is entirely geographic and there are an almost infinite number of variables that go into signal reception, data throughput, etc. Everything from how far towers are separated from each other, the signal power each tower is operating at, network saturation and congestion or non-operational towers all contribute overall to the number of bars on your phone and the call quality.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...