This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2011 8:17 AM by ShibaMom95 RSS

How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??

Dinkydobe11 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have been trying for a while now to convert some movies that I bought through itunes so that that I can watch them on my EVO.  I think I have looked at everything on the internet about how to do it. I have used software to convert to mp4 as well as other formats.  I have changed settings such as size, frame speed, etc. with NO luck. I have used software that shows the EVO as one of the choices for files conversion....I don't know what I haven't tried.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to possibly do this?  Thanks so much!

• 1. Re: How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    wingland Sprint Admin

Once you break the law and strip the DRM from the movie you should be able to output the file as a MPEG4 H.264 video with AAC audio and it'll play back just fine.

Take your illegal DRM broken file and run it through Handbrake on the Mac (assuming you have a Mac) and set the output to iPod Touch.

Not sure on Windows...

p.s.: Don't talk about how you broke the DRM on this forum.

• 2. Re: How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    Dinkydobe11 Newbie

I apologize.  I am only doing this for my personal use.  I wanted to be able to watch movies (which I personally paid for) on my evo when I travel.  I don't always have my ipod touch with me.  I used conversion software like a lot of other people use.  I operate Windows and have tried what you said and had no luck.  Thanks anyway.

• 3. Re: How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    wingland Sprint Admin

No worries.  Personal or not, it's still against the DMCA to break DRM, unless it's for educational use by a Professor. (?!?)

Sorry it's not working right for you.  Back in the day when I used Windows I used a program called 'Virtual Dub' to convert videos cleanly.  That, MedaCoder or several others listed here:

http://alternativeto.net/desktop/handbrake/?platform=windows

may help you to properly format your videos to play on your Evo.

• 4. Re: How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    tomsecreto Regular Visitor

Even though I have not done this procedure yet I have thought about how cool it would be. If someone pays for the content (a movie, DVD whatever format) why should the licensed user be able to watch that video legally on thier own portable for their own use?

The ironic thing is that in addition to being in IT over 30 years our company has created one of the most secure software solutions for high end fraud prevention and work with some of the largest companies in the world. I only say that because I do not think i am that nieve to have this belief system since the person pays for the content just like recording in your home for future use.

I really was just wondering why focus on what appears to be something that should be allowed since it is allowed in some of the other methods.

Tom

• 5. Re: How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    ROXHOOP Newbie

If you find out I would Love to know, we had the Iphone and got movies on it just find but have had the Evo since June and can't get a movie on it to play yet.  Sprint says it haves to be in WMV format at which I have on my Windows Vista Computer and they still won't play.  I am very disappointed with the Evo and want our Iphone back.  Please Sprint get the Iphone.  We also wish when we are on a phone call and take another call, we could get the first one back with out hanging up on both.  When I hear the Evo is the best one out there I laugh, my feeling is it has a lot of problems and I hate it.

• 6. Re: How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    vectorhappy9647 Newbie

Try googling "DVD Catalyst for EVO", which is a free converter app.

enjoy,

mikey kk5sc

• 7. Re: How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    sweetlove2011 Newbie

actually, it is very simple. All you do is get the app, how to covert itunes on evo 4g, then connect the evo 4g, it should bring up the evo 4g under apple itunes where the ipod usually shows up, that's all!

The software program you need is called doubletwist and is available for mac and windows. It's available on the android market now, and you could use it to download music, movies, podcast, etc from I-tunes  to your android phone without any problems. it is very user friendly!

Message was edited by: sweetlove2011

• 8. Re: How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    ed0987654321 Newbie

use real player

• 9. Re: How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    DJCHARLES39 Newbie

use Sonne Video Converter

• 10. How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    Koko_Feliu Newbie

I have movies that I convert at the house and when doing convertion you have to indicate if MP3 or MP4 and after you have done that, just connect the cable to your EVO and choose a connection type in this case Disk Drive and look for the folder where you want to place your movies, or create specific one.  I just got a 32G memory because I love to watch movies or listen to them while am working.  Hope this helps!!

• 11. How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    VESPA731 Expert

This is why I stray away from Apple. Yes, they make great products. The argument for the purchase of digital content can go either way. With iTunes, you can buy something from there but you MUST use an Apple product (like the iTouch, iPod, iPhone, iWhatever). Sad thing about it, is that's like buying a DVD and you are forced to watch it only a Sony DVD player, rather than a player of your choice. Sure, you bought the digital content for your own personal use, but you're bound to use it on Apple's devices. I've had no problems playing music that I BOUGHT from iTunes to play on my EVO. But as for movies, you almost gotta break the Apple stranglehold on YOUR PURCHASES in order to watch it on a device of your own choice.

• 12. How to convert movies from itunes to watch on HTC Evo??
    ShibaMom95 Regular Visitor

Sweetlove 2011-have you been happy with that app and what would you rate it?

sweetlove2011 wrote:

actually, it is very simple. All you do is get the app, how to covert itunes on evo 4g, then connect the evo 4g, it should bring up the evo 4g under apple itunes where the ipod usually shows up, that's all!

The software program you need is called doubletwist and is available for mac and windows. It's available on the android market now, and you could use it to download music, movies, podcast, etc from I-tunes  to your android phone without any problems. it is very user friendly!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points