This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2010 7:27 PM by RCKSTEIN02 RSS

Sprint TV - Resource fetch failed (7312) workaround

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

HTC EVO users, please see below steps to temporarily correct an issue with Sprint TV.  It will resolve the problem until we are able to push a new update to the servers.  Our sincere apologies!

What: Sprint TV provided an upgrade today on the HTC EVO to launch Sprint Movies on the Sprint TV application

Issue: Sprint TV Upgrade on 8/27 may cause errors for some HTC EVO users.  Error message: "Resource fetch failed (7312)"

Workaround Resolution:
Clear the Sprint TV application data to resolve the problem for the user:
Go to the device main menu>settings>applications>manage applications>Sprint TV
Select Clear data
Select Force stop
Relaunch app from icon in applications or home screens and the Sprint TV will launch.

• 1. Re: Sprint TV - Resource fetch failed (7312) workaround
    bassbiker Regular Visitor

ehhhh......didn't really work for the radio app on Sprint TV.

• 2. Re: Sprint TV - Resource fetch failed (7312) workaround
    dshoem01 Gold Expert

Are you still getting this error message?

• 3. Re: Sprint TV - Resource fetch failed (7312) workaround
    bassbiker Regular Visitor

no pretty much just the spinning ball and about 1 second of music than it stops and the spinning ball and...lather rinse repeat.....this app has never work for **** anyways.

• 4. Re: Sprint TV - Resource fetch failed (7312) workaround
    RCKSTEIN02 Valued Member

bassbiker:

I agree with you on this one, that the Sprint TV app has never really worked as I have the same problems! My EVO was having connection problems while at my home location. At the request of the Sprint Executive Services Team, because I have an ongoing complaint, I had my phone tested at an authorized Sprint Service Center. The tech couldn't find anything wrong with the phone and all he did was perform a hard reset. What the tech did tell me was that the problem is with the Sprint network and that the Sprint TV app has always been unreliable. For some applications I can turn on Wi-Fi when at home and use my internet connection, but Sprint TV can only be used over a cellular network. I have used the apps SpeedTest.net and FCC Mobile Broadband Test to check the download speeds of my phone at my work and home locations. Sprint advertises on their website average 3G download speeds of 600Kbps-1.4Mbps. According to the apps, at my home my phone averages maybe 150Kbps download speed, at my work that is in a 4G area so download speed is not a problem. But when I am at home is where I would use 99% of the "rich data experience" that Sprint is advertising that the $10/month Premium Data Fee is for, and I can't enjoy all the features of the EVO because of limitations in the Sprint network.

Message was edited by: rckstein02

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...