This discussion is archived
1 2 3 8 Previous Next 108 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2010 12:58 PM by ClaudiPo Branched to a new discussion. RSS

New options for SERO plan customers

ClaudiPo Silver Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Over the last few weeks there’s been some buzz in the blogosphere about changes to Sprint’s SERO plan.  Currently the SERO plan doesn’t support a lot of the more advanced devices like the Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HTC EVO 4G or Samsung Epic 4G.

That’s about to change.  Starting 10/1/10, current SERO customers will have the option to upgrade to a SERO Premium rate plan which will support  all of Sprint’s phones including the latest and coolest ones.  There will be two flavors offered: the SERO Premium 500 at $40/month and SERO Premium 1250 at $59.99/month and will match current SERO rate plans with two added features: Any Mobile Anytime and Unlimited GPS Navigation.  4G handsets such as HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G will also require the $10/month Premium Data add-on.

Check out the FAQs for more information: http://www.sprint.com/everythingplus.

• 1. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    TOMAS_ Gold Expert

As an ex SERO customer for many years who was bumped out of SERO into EPRP when I moved to a Palm Pre, how do I get back to being SERO again?

What level of Customer Service do I need to get to to make this happen?

Thanks,

Tom

• 2. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    Expert

you can't all you can do is like me call up and give them **** for lying.Sprint lied and said this would never happen and it did.Call them and give them ****.

But they will not do it but maybe give you some type of discount.Call *2 then hit 3 then 4 to get to retentions that is where you need to be.

And for the op of this thread.Those of us who are on old plans that have unlimited data also should not be left out.How is it fair that people who have Serop can pay up but those of us who are on other F&F plans can't?

Op would you like to answer this.

Message was edited by: jeter2711

• 3. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    Expert

I would like to know why also that others on old plans can't do the same.there is no difference in Sero and old F&F plans that i am on.

• 4. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    TOMAS_ Gold Expert

Jeter, that not their first or only lie.

This one may not be an actual lie, though, as the people at Sprint saying that a more modern, more advanced device wouldn't work on SERO, or that there was some "technical" reason why a more modern, more advanced device couldn't work unless one moved from a SERO plan probably believed it.

Those telling us that smartphones on SERO would NEVER happen had probably been told that SERO was dead, and there would never be new SERO plans, and SERO would never allow smartphones.

I suspect that someone very high up in the food chain made this recent decision after realizing that not having a SERO level that would allow smartphones, when Sprint's drive is toward smartphones, was a bad idea and alienated too many Sprint customers and supporters.

My question, knowing that the "system" will now accept smartphones on SERO Premium service plans, is at what level of intervention in Sprint does one finally reach someone with the abiity to actually restore SERO service to previous SERO customers who were incorrectly told that SERO would never support smartphones.

It can be done, the question is who does one need to get to.

Tom

• 5. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    swinny316 Regular Visitor

Who says you should be able to go back?  Those who switched did so because they wanted the newest phones but could not due to there rate plan.  You made the personal choice to upgrade early.Sprint never lied, they simply stated on all newer, higer end phones they were not compatible with SERO in its current form.

• 6. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    Bpoli Regular Visitor

The same thing happened to my brother.  He went to a Sprint store and wanted a Blackberry and they told him he had to change his plan to get a Blackberry.  When he got home I knew that they had mis-informed him but Sprint would not do anything about it.  We called the same day that they switched his plan and there was nothing they could do (supposadly) to restore his SERO plan and just add the $10 BIS add on for Blackberry devices.

I guess that's what he gets for not consulting with me first!

• 7. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    Expert

What i do not like is the title says options for Sero what about us Legecy F&F plans? no different.I have unlimited data and unlimited text so why can't i buy up? why can't i pay 10$ then 10$ like them? they are no different then me.they are on a referral plan but not employees.

I have my account marked that if come OCT 1ST i still can't i get a free opt out.

Sprint is going to lose more people then they gain.When you allow 1 base to upgrade you need to let the rest.

• 8. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    ZIGGY4500 Newbie

definately! I'm in the same boat, i have a F&C America plan, with unlimited text, data, etc. No different then SERO. I'd will raise a big stink with the BBB and anyone else that listens about not allowing me to do the upgrade as well..

• 9. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    Expert

What is funny is for 2 months sprint denied this even though the rumors were out there.And each time i called the Rep would say you are right it would not be fair but do not WORRY it WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Well now that it has a rep even tried to justify it by saying SERO is a employee referral and a employeee had to refer you.Which we all know is BS as all you needed was Dan's e-mail and the code # and anyone could get it.

What is fair for 1 is fair for the other and IF THE OP of this thread is reading this let sprint know that i am letting everyone know about this and come OCT 1ST you are going to have MANY Irate people.

Message was edited by: jeter2711

• 10. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    PatchesOHoulihan Regular Visitor

What is really sad is how Sprint is treating their legacy customers that have stuck by them for many years with sub-par service while Sprint built their network. Why not offer the same for your long term customers on Fair & Flexible and Free & Clear plans?  Sprint is standing to drop some legacy customers, but I guess loyalty is only a one way street in SprintLand???

• 11. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    Expert

Need to call *2 then hit 3 then 4 and reach account services and Voice your concerns like i did.They did not believe me about SERO till i walked the 1 Rep through the steps to get to this thread.

Sprint will not brocast this but can't you imagine how the people who gave up SERO feel cause they were told this is the only way to get android.

They need to fix this or lose many people to help a few.

• 12. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    TOMAS_ Gold Expert

While Sprint won't "broadcast" this, the info is still coming out at a very high level.

I was sent here about this via a Sprint VP's Blog post...

http://mcguireslaw.com/2010/09/03/psst-the-sero-premium-plans-are-now-official/

Russ may not e answering any of the questions, but at least he put out the info.

Tom

• 13. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    Expert

what i am saying is they will not brodcast it so many many people who left SERO for EPRP and many of us Legecy Plan Holders will not find out about it so the number of people who complain to sprint will be very small.

But the amount of people who take advantage of this and the people who complain about it i do NOT think will help sprint very much.

And the day you gave up your SERO plan it was over for you.Noway they will let you back on it now to take advantage of this deal noway no how.

• 14. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    swinny316 Regular Visitor

Sprint will not brocast this but can't you imagine how the people who  gave up SERO feel cause they were told this is the only way to get  android.

The people that gave up there plan previously, to get Android or WebOS or Instinct, were not lied to.  At the time it WAS the only way to get them.  These folks made the decision that it was worth it to them to switch.  This whole type of scenario happens every day with various industries.

If I buy a Sony TV and then Sony releases a larger one at the same price point, can I complain after 3 - 6 months that they need to let me get the big one for nothing extra because they "lied" to me and didnt tell me a bigger one was coming out at the same price?

I think the older corvettes are ugly, does that mean Chevy lied to me and didnt tell me the newer ones were gonna be better?  Does this mean I can get a new one for nothing extra?

For those on the old Free and Clear plans or Fair and Flexible, you kept your plans and add-ons because of the crazy good price you have been getting.  Lets not beat around the bush here.  You have had, in some cases, YEARS to upgrade to either SERO or other more current plan.  You were and still are getting away with a great plan and know that.  Sprint simply called your hand after all this time and now you feel slighted.  It is a two way street you know.

It has been said that those older plans do not make Sprint much money, if at all when looked at, at the subscriber level.  I am sure they would love to see those old plans migrate away.  Id like to see you guys get a better price from any of the other carriers that comes close to what you pay now.  Not gonna happen.

SERO is such a sizeable customer base it simply made business sense to entice us users to upgrade with this.

1 2 3 8 Previous Next