This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 29, 2010 2:07 PM by MattyWoo RSS

Where does HTC sync stores synchronized contacts?

naenad Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all,

I have a question about HTC sync. I used HTC sync to back up my contacts on my phone to my computer. It showed me report with all the contacts added to my computer. Then I reset my phone to factory settings and tried to get backed up contacts to my phone using HTC sync but I get error saying that synchronization failed. So what do I do now? Is there a way to check that the backed up info on my computer? I tried all the menu options available on the HTC sync but it does not tell me where that report is stored.

If anybody can tell me the location on my computer where HTC sync stored that report I could manually plug in critical contacts at least. Please help.

Thanks for help,

naenad

• 1. Re: Where does HTC sync stores synchronized contacts?
    MattyWoo Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

I have a suggestion that will HUGELY simplify things for you.  If you have a Gmail account, sync your contacts to your Gmail account directly from your phone over the Internet.  Just set up a Google account in Menu/Settings/Accounts & Sync and make sure your contacts sync to that account.  If you don't have a Gmail account, create one NOW and use it just to sync your contacts.  I would also suggest you sync your phone's calendar to your Google account.

You will like the above SO much more than using HTC sync which reauires you to plug your phone into your PC's USB port and requires your PC to run HTC Sync.  It will all happen automatically over the Internet and you won't have to think about it.  PLUS, you will have your contacts and calendar available at Google.com should you wish to make a bunch of changes on a computer rather than on your phone.

Just sayin'...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points