This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2011 5:57 PM by TMESSINA18 RSS

Sprint Mobile Sync error message

rmunyon Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I got a new Motorola Renegade V950.  Spring Mobile Sync should put the phone numbers into the new phone, but it hasn't.  When I click "Contact", "Options", and go down to "Sprint Mobile Sync", I get this error message:

Your Sprint Mobile Sync Status is being updated.  Please check back later.

Has anyone gotten this message?  How do you get it to go away and get the contacts from the web to the phone?

• 1. Re: Sprint Mobile Sync error message
    JGILBE3 Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue with my V950, Sprint advised me to take it to a repair store as usual..... Let's hope they can do it

• 2. Sprint Mobile Sync error message
    RMOSTEL5822 Newbie

I'm having the same exact issue, I'm gone to the sprint store and had to pay $35 for them to get me a new V950 phone and it still doesn't work. I'm so tired of Sprint. I call sprint and put in a ticket, and no one ever calls me back and I call to find out they can't seem to find any ticket. Has anyone been able to get this fixed???

• 3. Sprint Mobile Sync error message
    JGILBE3 Regular Visitor

Well after I got the 2nd replacement V950 from Sprint and the techs at the store couldn't do anything I just took it home. Get this, about a week later all of a sudden all of my contacts that were on the Sync site magically appeared on my phone. The only thing I did was click to update the mobile sync maybe 3-4 times right when i got the replacement phone.

It looks like the sync service works slow. So give it a shot and wait a week or so.

good luck

• 4. Sprint Mobile Sync error message
    rmunyon Newbie

This is more or less what happened to me.  I was ready to drop everything and drive to a city 50 miles away that had a full-blown Sprint store to get this thing fixed, when all of a sudden I started getting messages on the phone that Mobile Sync was working, and sure enough, all my contacts were in the phone over the next hour or so.  Ever since then, it has updated any changes within a short time.

• 5. Sprint Mobile Sync error message
    RMOSTEL5822 Newbie

One thing I find odd is that on the website, if I set all my contacts to on phone then hit sync now, they all are switched to off phone. So I made a new contact and it stays to "on phone" so I will see what that does. But I'm not taking my phone to the sprint store again because it was a waste of money time and gas.

• 6. Sprint Mobile Sync error message
    TMESSINA18 Newbie

Why is Sprint hiding a nation wide problem with moble sync. The service for instinct phones jsut stopped working and they can't/won't fix it. They told me the only fix is to replace the phone. Talk about a bait and switch scam.....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points