This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 6, 2010 9:11 PM by Quasi_is_back RSS

Liveblog from SprintID announcement at CTIA

wingland Sprint Admin
Currently Being Moderated

Android Central was at the CTIA keynote today and provided liveblogging coverage of the announcment.  He highlights the major brands and small biz applications for SprintID packs.  You can read the live blog now at: http://www.androidcentral.com/live-sprints-ctia-event

One recurring question keeps coming up - is this going to be just major brands pushing their wares on us, or will independent devs be able to create ID packs?  Stay tuned - that question gets answered at the Sprint Open Developer conference October 26-28.  Be sure to check out http://developer.sprint.com/sprintid to find otu more and register for the Open Developer Conference.

• 1. Re: Liveblog from SprintID announcement at CTIA
    Gold Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

wengla02 wrote:

One recurring question keeps coming up - is this going to be just major brands pushing their wares on us, or will independent devs be able to create ID packs?  Stay tuned - that question gets answered at the Sprint Open Developer conference October 26-28. 

Hmmm...I'm just speculating here...but here is my 2 cents worth BEFORE the developer conference.

1. Will only MAJOR brands be pushed?  Yes, but probably only initially (maybe 1st 3 to 6 months...though, with Sprint, it could be even more than that).

2. Will independent developers be able to create ID packs?  Probably...but God only knows if/when Sprint will allow it.  My guess...probably 6 months post introduction of all of the MAJOR players that sign on and actually post such an ID pack.

Also, I'm guessing this will be limited to Android 2.2 or newer phones...so all of us with Android 2.1, 2.0, 1.6, or...as us poor Nextel i1 users are stuck with...1.5...well...we're all going to be S.O.L.

Like I said...that's my 2 cents worth of guessing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...