This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2011 1:44 PM by asgeise RSS

Resolutions for Evo charging port issue?

coberaoliver Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everybody,

I have spoken to Sprint many times and have been told that the "charging port is a known defect" but Evo owners are still being told that they must pay the $100 deductible for the insurance claim to get another Evo; either on the phone or in the store. I was curious to know if any Evo owners have made any progress with the charging port issue? What has Sprint done for you (in order to fix the problem). This will determine if I continue my service with Sprint.

Thx!

• 1. Resolutions for Evo charging port issue?
    6014008442 Newbie

They have done nothing I have the same issue now and they are telling me that I will need to pay the $100 to get a refurbished phone and I have been a customer for over 11 years. Thinking of leaving for Verizon phone plans maybe higher but the customer service is priceless.

• 2. Resolutions for Evo charging port issue?
    GeekOfTexas Bronze Expert

Depends if the port was damaged by the cable being pulled on or if the port just lifted off the motherboard. The first is an insurance claim and the second is covered by manufacturer's warranty.

• 3. Resolutions for Evo charging port issue?
    ALoll Newbie

See my thread here.

• 4. Resolutions for Evo charging port issue?
    asgeise Newbie

I had this issue several months ago & did not have insurance coverage on my phone.  My local service center offered to fix my issue for a flat fee of $35.  I was very impressed...I recieved new parts on my EVO.  At the time, I purchased the extended battery knowing the battery sold with the EVO is no where near powerful enough to support use.  I was gentle with my EVO but I also used it to the fullest & had to charge it often.  Unfortunately, my USB charging port is again not funtioning...only able to charge when in certain postions until eventually it will not charge at all & the battery (both big & little) will not even take a charge when I have been able to manipulate the device & charger into a position that works! 

I am certain Sprint sold the EVO with a battery too small for this powerful device.  Keeping the sleek look takes precedence.  However, there is NO doubt the USB charging port is substandard as I have found, even with limited use. 

NOT HAPPY

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points