This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2011 6:33 PM by CCOTMAN1 RSS

Lg optimus id packs error

dlaw112 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have the Lg optimus when I try to install an id pack I receive an error DOWNLOAD FAILED FOR ID and also 702 PURCHASED DECLINED not sure what to do.

• 1. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    LOLIVEIRA56 Newbie

I called customer service and fixed the problem.  My account has " premium purchase" block. They took the block off, and now I am able to downlad the ID packs.  Took five minutes on the phone.  I hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    olegkush Newbie

I had the same problem Go into "my preferences" on your account on sprint.com and click on " block digital media downloads". Mine was blocked for some reason but all I had to do was click on my phone and the problem was fixed!

• 3. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    LEEBUS3 Newbie

Thank you for posting this! I went to my local Sprint store and to the Best Buy where I bought my phone and nobody knew why I could not download Sprint ID packs. Your solution worked and took only minutes.

• 4. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    dennisparkvillepen Newbie

Another thank you.  Neither the online Chat Tech or Sprint store employee knew this fix.

• 5. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    georges69mach Newbie

another thanks... just changed my preferences on my new optimus to download the Sprint ID... worked great!

• 6. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    PYRATEM Newbie

Thanks for posting the question and this answer!  I'm so glad I searched for the error number--I was getting mad at this new phone

• 7. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    Android38016 Newbie

Thank you for this answer. I've been on the phone with so many reps today, my head is spinning. No one could help me.

• 8. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    WRMARSHALL54 Newbie

Thanks for the info! I was having the same problem and followed your message and now it is corrected. Thanks again

• 9. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    MSGMOE Newbie

Thank you for posting the information.  I had been racking my brains, called Sprint customer service, went to the Sprint store with little or no success.  It took less than 5 minutes.  Now I am able to download the ID Packs.

Thanks again,

msgmoe

• 10. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    LEEANNJOHNSON Newbie

thanks for the posts. this has been driving me crazy!  this fixed everything!

• 11. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    RISEBRNR1 Newbie

I thank you for my daughter.  She was driving me up the wall over not getting her ID packs.  My wifes was blocked too.  Again thanks.

• 12. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    Mike_Estelle Newbie

Thanks for posting this issue.  I had the same issue; one call to customer service; block removed; ID's can now be downloaded!!!

• 13. Re: Lg optimus id packs error
    CCOTMAN1 Newbie

I just purchased an Optimus S at Best Buy on saturday and I had the same problem. The salesperson sucessfully downloaded one ID pack for me at the store and otherwise the phone is fine, but I couldn't install any ID packs after I got home and started playing with the phone. I was getting the same error saying that the download failed. The ID pack would start by all indications, but the download bar stayed at 0% and never moved.

By coincidence, I found the problem. I upgraded from a Blackberry Tour and I had contemplated taking my 2Gb memory card from my Blackberry and swap it with the one in the LG. I decided not to go that route and I used a card reader to transfer my photos and music from the Blackberry card over to my external hard drive.

I then plugged the LG into my PC with the supplied USB cable and set it to USB transfer mode. I  then copied the music and photos I saved on my hard drive over to a FOLDER called DSCM on the internal LG card. Once transfered I unplugged the LG USB cable and navigated to the GALLERY folder and there were the photos that I transferred. I also checked the MUSIC app on the phone and my music was also there.

OK, to make a long story shorter, I could not understand why my ID pack downloads would always fail and not complete. I found out by coincidence

Well I noticed a sale on a 8Gb micro SD card and I decided I would buy it to give me more storage than the included 2Gb that came with the phone.

When I removed the 2Gb card from the phone and inserted the 8Gb card, that was straight from the new package and tried to go to download an ID pack. VOILA, IT DOWLOADED!!! I could now download and install any ID pack that I wanted.

I think that the problem is caused when you take the old memory card from a previous phone and insert it in the Optimus with odd folders and directories that the phone can't read or when you COPY files onto the included 2Gb card already in the phone and you put them in the DSCM folder, which is what I did by mistake.

If any of you have this problem, try using a clean formated micro card in the phone and see what it does. I realize that some of us have photos and music from our old phone that we want to transfer to our new Optimus S. Tip here is that you can do that, but it has to be copied straight over to the card in the Optimus S when in USB mode.

Do not transfer ANY of your old music or photos into ANY directory that shows up on the phones memory card. I wouldn't recommend creating folders on the micro SD card inserted in the phone either. Looks like the phone already sorts out what is music, video and photos.

If you have this problem, try a clean formatted micro SD card in the phone and see if your ID pack downloads now work.

Sorry for stretching out this explanation. Hope this helps.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...