This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2011 9:33 PM by ComDr5 RSS

Website doesn't work properly

ComDr5 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hey Sprint,

Ever since you upgraded your web site I cannot do most things on it.  I can't change any of my preferences.  One time I had to call in to pay my bill. This is very annoying.  Please make sure your web site works properly.  I need to change my password and pin #.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    wingland Sprint Admin

Hi!

I moved your post over to our Sprint.com Support forum.  We've sorted out most of the bugs on the site -- there is one problem with a bug in Internet Explorer.  IE7 and 8 can send corrupt data to our site, and we don't know what to do with the request.  We're working on a workaround for the bug in IE, but until then we suggest using Firefox or Chrome.

What web browser are you using?

What specific problems are you finding when you try to change your preferences on the site?

Thanks,

Will

• 2. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    thedixon5stars Newbie

All,

I am a brand new customer...the web site does not operate properly.

I've called the Sprint company several times within the last 36 hours.

Each Representative states, I've cleared the errors...Give the Website about an hour to

re-correct your sign in process and then try it again." They say "I am sure this corrected the problem

of signing in to view your bill online."

Guess what? I tried just before now, and I have gotten the same error message "pop-up"

Frustrating that Sprint cannot get their website to operate on popular IE systems.

Sprint, please send specific instruction to my registered e-mail inbox so that I can

view my bill online...PLEASE!!!

md

• 3. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    wingland Sprint Admin

Sorry - but there is a bug with Internet Explorer that can cause it to send corrupt data to our site.  When your browser sends corrput data, we can't process it.

We're trying to find a solution to the Microsoft bug, but until then we suggest you use Chrome - it's a free web browser that is fully standard compliant and works well with the site.

1) Launch IE and go to  http://www.google.com/chrome

2) Click the blue button on the top right to 'Download Chrome'

3) Choose 'Run' when prompted. 

4) Close IE.

5) Open Chrome and type http://sprint.com/ in the address bar.

You'll be able to view, pay and manage your account without problems using Chrome.   Mozilla Firefox also works.

• 4. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    jjansen777 Newbie

I too am having problems with the web site.  I got an Avnniversary Reward as a premier customer.  When I try to claim the reward (a measly $5), I get an error message that says Sprint is having trouble with this page.  I tried using Chrome as well, same result.   I have tried to claim this for over one month - these people do NOT know what they are doing.   If I didn't have a contract I would switch in an instant.  J Jansen

• 5. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    BILLM850 Newbie

It's not that the site doesn't work 'properly', it sucks.  I've been with Sprint over 10 years and this issue ALONE will make me switch carriers when my contract ends.  Even THIS page loaded with errors.  Pages always load with errors and I can NEVER get to rewards as a premiere customer.  Some premiere customer support, huh?

• 6. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    MARKREYES1979 Newbie

A bug is a bunch of bull I have been trying to do everything you can think of to do in the SPRINT  website ever since they made it "NEW AND IMPROVED" and I can't do anything on it. We have 2 lines on our account it will only show some things on the primary account and nothing and the secondary. I have called, chatted with these people and nothing who ever said it "SUCKS" they were right.  I really wish that we log in and stream through our account like nothing. You know the funny thing is that we can pay our bill on linr but thats about it money the'll take but our advice to keep us happy huh!!  WHAT FOR??????????????????????????????

• 7. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    MICK1250 Newbie

Will;

The web site keeps dumping me back to the log in page when I try to pay the bill.  Any idea when the site will be fully functional?  Some of the navigation seems to work some of the time.  Other navigation fails after you drill down past the first level....For instance, Pay Bill works till you get to "Submit,"  and then it fails.

• 8. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    LoriGaskill Newbie

If you will use Google Chrome as your browser, it works fine. I agree that it should work just fine with IE8 but it doesn't. Maybe Sprint will listen to what their customers are saying and do something about this. if I use IE8 to navigate the Sprint website, I get an error that states "DOMparser is undefined" it has something to do with the communication between the site and the Internet Explorer. They just do not communicate well.

• 9. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    BILLM850 Newbie

I honestly don't think Sprint even READS our comments. This has been going on for months and months - ever since they introduced the 'new & improved' site

I don't WANT to call them.  I WANT to do everything on-line... especially since I can rarely understand the English of the people who answer the phones in where? India maybe?

• 10. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    BILLM850 Newbie

WHY NOT USE YOUR OLD SOFTWARE WHILE THIS "NEW & IMPROVED" SITE IS REWRITTEN???  NO OFFENSE BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE TO ASK US NON-TECH PEOPLE TO USE FIREFOX WHEN MOST OF US USE EXPLORER EXCLUSIVELY.

A WEB SITE IS SUPPOSED TO SAVE US BOTH TIME/MONEY AVOIDING A PHONE CALL. BUT IT DOESN'T.  BESIDES, WHEN I CALL SPRINT I RARELY GET ANYONE WHOSE ENGLISH I CAN UNDERSTAND

• 11. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    TARNMASTER Newbie

I use Google Chrome exclusively and this site still doesn't work properly. I have the HTC EVO and was trying to get to the APP store and can't. After a half-hour of being redirected to any different number of pages I am ready to give up. I have had Sprint for 13 years and have never had this much trouble just trying to use the website. Hey, I am trying to SPEND money and you don't seem to want to take it. Get your heads out of your *** and get this place fixed.

• 12. Re: Website doesn't work properly
    ComDr5 Newbie

They say Internet Explorer doesn't work with the new web site.  If I view the site with Windows XP Internet Explorer the web site will not work properly.  I view with Vista Internet Explorer and it displays just fine.  Hopefully this inofrmation will help the developers correct the problem.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...