1 2 3 Previous Next 33 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2011 9:13 PM by beliving RSS

lg optimus hotspot?

MOMMAROSEBIRD Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

how do i get the hot spot feature to work it just keeps telling me network unavailable help with this is much appreciated

• 1. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    beliving Bronze Expert

Are you paying an additional $29.99 fee for the hotspot capabilities?  The Evo and Epic mention hotspot capabilities with an additional $29.99 charge.  The Optimus mentions hotspot capabilities but does not mention an additional charge.  On the other hand, the Optimus isn't a 4g phone.  I'm just curious if you are paying the extra $30 for hotspot.

• 2. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    NHaysEWTS Sprint Employee

Hello,

To use the hotspot function on any of the android phones, there is a 29.99 charge for unlimited data usage.

Did this help? If so please rate this post and mark your post as answered so others can refer to it quickly for solutions.

• 3. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    rickycastro27 Newbie

For real I have to pay more for that.

• 4. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    beliving Bronze Expert

nhays74 wrote:

Hello,

To use the hotspot function on any of the android phones, there is a 29.99 charge for unlimited data usage.

Did this help? If so please rate this post and mark your post as answered so others can refer to it quickly for solutions.

I only see the $29.99 fee on the Evo and Epic.  There is no fee listed under the Optimus.  Searching for Hotspot in the top right corner doesn't reveal anything.  Searching in the plans section of the Shop tab has no information, either.  I'm not certain the charge is for all phones.  It may be an addition to the "premium data experience" available only to 4g phones.

Message was edited by: beliving

• 5. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    Levi4u Master

The $29.99 fee to enable the HotSpot is required on all phones that offer it, Granted it is not listed in the "About plans for this phone" section it is posted in the "More Info" section on the Optimus at shop.sprint.com

LG Optimus S™

Android™ meets affordability

The Optimus S features the latest Android innovation and the ability to customize your experience with Sprint ID. Move from item to item and message faster with the 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen and virtual QWERTY. Download games and apps from the Android Market™, or catch the latest shows and videos-on-demand with Sprint TV®. Snap photos and clips with the 3.2MP camera/camcorder and upload to your favorite sites, or check out new music on the MP3 player or Sprint Music Plus. If that's not enough, crank up the Mobile Hotspot feature and support Wi-Fi connections for up to five devices. With striking color choices, impressive functionality and the customization offered by Sprint ID, the Optimus S provides a dynamic experience - all at an incredible price.

If you'd like to use your phone's Mobile Hotspot feature, don't forget to add our optional $29.99/mo. Mobile Hotspot add-on.

• 6. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    wingland Sprint Admin

http://shop.sprint.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones?phoneSKU=LG670PPKIT

"If you'd like to use your phone's Mobile Hotspot feature, don't forget to add our optional $29.99/mo. Mobile Hotspot add-on."

Are there other places you are seeing text on the site that says "Use the Optimus Hotspot for free"?

If so, please provide the URL and page title so we can get that updated.

Thank you!

Will

• 7. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    beliving Bronze Expert

Well, that settles it!  Thanks for the updated details.  I suppose it's not a 4g thing after all.

Personally, I would prefer for the data charges to be more directly related to data usage, instead of data capabilities.  For example, what if the first gigabyte is included with the data plan, and additional usage costs more, but make the wifi hotspot a standard feature that is not additional cost.  Then people can use the data to fit their needs.  That's kinda why I thought the hotspot might be free, except for 4g phones which can use more data.  But now that the fee is also listed for the Optimus, I see that is not the case.  Thanks for updating the Sprint website.

• 8. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    BIGDADDY040 Newbie

is this a one time fee. the hotspot

• 9. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    Levi4u Master

No, It is $29.99 p/m, Or you can add/remove it on an as needed bases from your account page and only be charged for the days activated, About $1 p/d. My Account>Manage My Device>Add Remove Services>Sprint Mobile Hotspot.

• 10. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    beliving Bronze Expert

That is a great response.  So great that you will never hear that from Sprint! haha

• 11. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    BRAYSMOM3 Newbie

Thanks for the info. just think of people who have the evo  that have to pay 10.00$ for inter and 29.99 for hotspot .ontop of there monthly service"s

• 12. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    LynnT Newbie

Great info!  I just tried to add to my phone but it would not give me the option to add.  So i chatted a sprint rep and they said i have to chat/call them to add...i wish i had the option online.  Although i LOVE my sprint service and my LG Optimus...i HATE contacting them!

• 13. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    Levi4u Master

Once it is added to your account it should show up on your online account so you may be able to go in and add/remove it from here on out. Look to see if it now shows and post back if it does, Please.

• 14. Re: lg optimus hotspot?
    LynnT Newbie

I did go online and add the "hotspot" by contacting a representative thru chat.  The service was added and I was able to connect very quickly and easily without getting any instructions. I expected to loose connection if i received a call so other than that the only negative was the lack of speed. However i'm sure I will use it again.

The feature was easy to remove online but then it is no longer listed as an option to add later.  Too bad I will have to call/chat again when I want to add it back because I probably would use it more if I could do it on my own.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points