This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 6:58 PM by XxEpicurusxX RSS

When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca

carlos5833 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I personaly would love to see 4G in action in Fresno, sure 3G is great but I want to see what 4G is capable of. Does anyone know what cities might be next to experience 4G?

• 1. When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    Louey Newbie

I'd like to know as well since I'm due for a new phone. I don't want to get a 3G and then have 4G come along a month later. In my opinion it's looking bleak considering they put 4G in every little hick town up and down highway 99 yet skipped Fresno.

• 2. When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    BATULANRQ Newbie

Exactly, this is ridiculous, im getting tired of getting the runaround by the Sprint representatives here in Fresno. I specifically got the Epic around November 2010 just cause the salesman said 4g will come to Fresno soon as in Jan or Feb 2011 time frame. I call them again and they say it won't come till later this month. I doubt it. Hello Sprin?! How is it that cities with no more than 100,000 people like Merced and Visalia get 4G and not Fresno/Madera with 500,000 plus people?! I'm giving Sprint until later this year to have 4g up and running if not, im off to Verizon, at least it is guaranteed they will have 4g in Fresno this year for sure.

• 3. When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    pg2k3 Newbie

Before I moved away from Fresno, Ca (on March 11th 2011)  I actually got  1 bar of 4G coverage from my ghetto rundown apartment, so it may be  pretty close to launching. If you guys want to try it out, you will have  to go to the vicinity of my old address 397 N Calaveras St. So the next  time you are in that part of town give it a try, you may pick it up as  well. I now live in San Antonio, TX which is a Clearwire market, so the  coverage here is top notch.

• 4. When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    lavfamily Newbie

Any news yet????

• 5. When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    KEVI123 Newbie

Actually there is 4g coverage from Sprint here in Fresno as of June 20 2011. Look it up on clearwire coverage map on their website but it is approximately between Ashlan and tulare, marks and first. I turned on my evo 4g radio and had to hit scan a few times but it did pick it up. I never got full strength but it is 4g nontheless.

• 6. When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    KEVI123 Newbie

Yep look it up on clearwire.com and you will see Fresno has 4g coverage.

• 7. When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    nmherron Expert

fresno063011.jpgClick on Map to Enlarge

Here is the 4G Coverage Map in Fresno as of Thursday, June 30, 2011.

• 8. When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    DONSTEFFEN Newbie

That is a nice start but a wider coverage would be a lot better. As stated above, Fresno with a population of 500,000 plus needs a wider coverage area than it has at the moment. It is way to centralized aroung the highway 41 and 180 interchange. Lets get some better 4g coverage throughout the entire city at the very least.

• 9. Re: When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

The coverage map posted above indicates a test market, meaning that we have not officially launched 4G in Fresno. If you look at official Sprint coverage maps there is no 4G coverage. So, basically, you can expect that we will launch in the area soon.  When we actually launch 4G in the area we will hopefully see a wider range of coverage. I hope this helps

• 10. Re: When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    DONSTEFFEN Newbie

Yes that information helps but, first of all the 4g if you can;t cover it then back off the 4g hype, it ls over the top for a city with 500,000 people and I am sure with many many 4g capable devices that have been sold in this area with that 4g hype. It needs improvement "soon" "very soon".

• 11. Re: When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

We should certainly never sell devices under false pretenses. We're not supposed to speculate about future 4G coverage that hasn't been officially announced. There is a lot of legal, let alone technical hurdles to releasing 4G in a particular area so we usually don't have very much information about when 4G will be in a particular market. Sorry for any inconvenience!

• 12. When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    ConradLT Newbie

There's still no 4G coverage in Fresno as of November 12, 2011. It seems that the closest coverage is in Chowchilla and Tulare-Visalia-Porterville. That's a little messed up considering the size of this city compared to every other city in the valley.

• 13. When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

As the above map indicates, 4G is on in the area, but limited at this time.  The light green area indicates the 4G outdoor coverage layer and most 4G devices will connect to 4G if you're located in that shaded area. 

Tom

• 14. Re: When will 4G arrive in Fresno, Ca
    brettzx Newbie

Unfortunately, after comparing the map above with the one on clearwire.com, the 4G coverage shown has not changed since July 1, 2011. So, if you live outside that shaded area, you are out of luck...

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points