This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 39 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 12:28 PM by fireguy_6364 RSS

Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO

krisvanhorn83 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Okay so my phone fell off my coffee table and hit my wood floors face down and the screen cracked, so I took my phone into Sprint because I have full phone insurance on this phone and wanted to see if the screen was covered and when I went to see a Tech around the end of October early November, they told me that that screen would cost 35.00 to replace.  At the time I didnt have 35.00 to spare and the with the cracked screen the phone functioned properly.

Now my phone does not charge, I took the phone into Sprint again and they told me it was the charger port has become loose and has disconnected from the motherboard and told me that was considered physical damange!!

I dont understand why the charger port becoming loose would be considered physical damange when it seems I am always plugging the phone to the charger because the battery goes so quickly and I have had this phone since its release, I mean dont you think that would be considered wear and tear....you plug and unplug the phone on and off the charger atleast once a day...now they told me to call the insurance to replace the phone which is a $100.00 co-pay...I think that it ridiculous....now i have been without a phone for over a week and still paying for service....ughh

Has anyone had any issues with thier phones charger port becoming loose?

• 1. Re: Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    Levi4u Master

As of Oct 25 both those issues are covered in store for free if you have TEP, The $35 charge is only charged if you do not have TEP. Sounds like you may of went to a third party repair center(or an un-informed one). If you have a corporate repair center in your area take your phone in there and they will replace it. http://shop.sprint.com/en/services/service_repair/in_store_service.shtml

• 2. Re: Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    krisvanhorn83 Newbie

Yup I went to a corporate Sprint store and they said that they cover the cracked screen but not the charger port coming loose and seperating from the mother board.  She stated that they dont cover that because their charger ports are very sturdy.... I am just going to drop into another corporate store

• 3. Re: Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    WMKEY667 Newbie

yea, I had the same issue. Took my phone in to a service center and they brought me the phone back opened up and showed me were the port had broken off from and handed me the broken piece and said it's not covered it's considered wear and tear. I basically and to threaten canceling my service which is over 10yrs before they did anything. The only thing they did was credit me $50.00, and pay an months service. I totally agree with you about the wear and tear, you have to constantly plug and unplug the phone due to the battery performance. If this happens to me again and I have to go through those hoops again I may really consider moving to a different carrier. Their is no way that should be considered normal wear and tear.

• 4. Re: Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    Levi4u Master

Since "NORMAL WEAR & TEAR" is covered with TEP($35 without) they should of ordered you a replacement.

Type of RepairCost
    TEP/ESRPNo TEP/ESRP
    Normal Wear and Tear$0$35
    Mechanical and Electrical Failure$0$35
    Physical Damage$0$35

• 5. Re: Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    carolinagirl38D Expert

This might sound like a slam against Sprint, but it's not; there are some very good people there. But with that said, the insurance folks really do have their act together way bette than Sprint. After all, they end up supplying new handsets. The $100 they got is the best money spent in a very long time. You got a problem, try this... that didn't work, let's try one more thing... that didn't work, you're NEW phone will be on your doorstep tomorrow. Would you like that pre-configured or not? 48 hours, start to finish! No hassles, no "well, you broke it", just a new (Build 0004) phone on my doorstep. What's your time  worth? I spent five months fighting Sprint to get a handset that worked as specified in their published specs. It really did come out to pennies a day. And their tech support is like getting to tier 3 right away.

• 6. Re: Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    someone.else Bronze Expert

So when TEP replaces a phone its a brand new phone not re-furbished??

• 7. Re: Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    carolinagirl38D Expert

Personal experience only - from Sprint I got a not so good refurbished build 0002 handset, from the insurance company I got a new build 0004,overnight, preconfigured. And oh yeah, none of the hard-time bovine waste.   - Sharon

• 8. Re: Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    someone.else Bronze Expert

thanks Sharon

• 9. Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    MHANKIN37 Newbie

ive got an evo cracked screen got TEP,took it to sprint store today and was told it wasnt covered even called back and talked to manager after i read on site phsyical damage was covered manager helped me decide early termination was cheaper than the 100buk deductable for the insurance.so im ending my 8 yr sprint relationship disatified and feeling  ripped off since they do what they want one they want be able to due is bill me anymore.bet the next company gives me a free phone and who knows maybe there 4g will work in area they say they have coverage

• 10. Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    Expert

You are best in cases like that to call account services.If you call *2 and ask for account services you would get a answer from them.I deal with them when i can rather then sotres as some are good and some not as.But if i were you i would call account services and tell them and i am sure they will help you.

• 11. Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    MHANKIN37 Newbie

If the device is covered by Total Equipment Protection (TEP) or the Equipment Service & Repair Program (ESRP), there is no charge for repairs caused by normal wear and tear or mechanical/electrical failure or physical damage.      {   this is off this site } maybe they should tell the stores

• 12. Re: Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    JamesNichols2871 Newbie

Hey, i need help!! i dropped my phone and i fell down today and dropped it pretty hard by accident, and my phone was already glitching before and i would always have to restart it. well now it just shut off and i have payed so many times the $100 for water damage and i just cant affored it right now and i have had this phone for ONLY 2 months!!! and with NO water damage, should i really have to pay this $100 for the 3rd time? isnt there a warrenty or something? i mean this phone is new!!!

• 13. Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    Bethers2631 Newbie

Well, I have been dealing with a horribly cracked screen for a couple months now, since yes, my phone still functions normally too. I actually have dropped it several times, even face down with no complications, but it cracked that time due to landing directly on the edge of the screen. However, my charger port recently quit working (i discovered on my own it's because the port came loose) I still don't want to pay the 135 copay, so I bought a spare battery with charger...75 bucks, but hey still cheaper. Also something sprint DOES NOT carry in store? Had to get mine at radio shack. I didn't realize tep covered everything at no cost, I was under the impression it was the standard insurance copay. So I'm gonna take it in and see what they say...let you know what happens

• 14. Sprint Insurance coverage for HTC EVO
    Prettyandpaaid Newbie

This is what just happened with me. I took my phone in because I was having issues charging it. I would have to plug it in a certain way and hold it which was started to strain my wrist just to be able to have some juice in it. This happened to my aunt as well. Took it down to sprint they told me my charging port was disconnected from the motherboard and said it was physical damage as well and said it would be 100 deductible. I am going tomorrow to give them a piece of my mind. Why the **** do we pay insurance every month if it is not covered ? The sprint guy admitted that the evo has many problems with the charging port and they now discontinued it . I will update on what they tell me tomorrow. My aunt had this happened to her twice and they replaced it both times FREE !

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...