This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2011 4:16 PM by MATTSONZA RSS

Help with setting up Airvana

TexasTeacup Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have a new Airvana that Sprint just sent me  to help with my signal. I use EVOBlackBerry, Instinct, Palm  Pre wireless phones along with  the new Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot. I  have finally after 2 days got the Hotspot to work but still can't seem  to get the Airvana to work. I  did step by step on hooking it up and I have a blinking amber light for  Mobile, Solid green for GPS and green blinking Broadband. I am using a  laptop which I use daily around town and at my Ranch. I got the  Overdrive so I could take it with me if needed since I travel. I didn't  want to it up on a router but will if I absolutely have to. Please  help. I did undo everything and had my son come over to set it up and it is the same result.

• 1. Re: Help with setting up Airvana
    jbakerjonathan Newbie

Following the printed directions that specified placing the Airvana between the Cable Modem and my Router did not work for me.  Placing the Router between the Cable Modem and the Airvana allowed the Airvana to display solid green indicator lights. Try that. Good Luck.

• 2. Re: Help with setting up Airvana
    TexasTeacup Newbie

Thanks for your help on this but I guess mine just doesn't like me or something. I am having a kid from the college come over and show me how else I can do this. Will post if successful or failure results.

• 3. Re: Help with setting up Airvana
    royjovero Newbie

Does your Airvana show up in your Sprint account? In order to get mine working, I had to call Airave support and give them the MAC Address of the Airvana so that they could activate it. The MAC should be on the box.

• 4. Re: Help with setting up Airvana
    jbakerjonathan Newbie

I believe that is true. After hooking up the Airvana in the setup Cable Modem = Router = Airvana, I had to call Sprint using another phone and they completed the hookup on their end while I was speaking to them.  I believe that I gave them the MAC address of the Airvana.  Finally, at completion, they informed me that my Airvana had been assigned a unique telephone number,  That number shows up on my account as being for the Airvana, as well as my cell phone number (assigned to my LG Lotus Elite).

It's a shame that the installation instructions are deficient in this area, leaving owners frustrated and confused.  I hope that Sprint will revise the instruction booklet in time for the next printing.

• 5. Re: Help with setting up Airvana
    MATTSONZA Newbie

I had the same problem with the blinking amber on the mobile and then i called customer support AFTER I read in the mannual that you have to register the device first in order for it to work. The only thing though is that you have to read the whole paragraph because it  begin by telling you that the unit "should already be registered before you receive it" and it went on saying that "otherwise call 1-800.......to register". Tha's how I found out about it . Mine is working just great!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points