This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2011 1:01 PM by Dano1 RSS

Forwarded Yahoo! e-mail to verified Sprint phone as SMS text message doesn't work

Dano1 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I've searched around the internet for this issue, but could not find anyone else with a similar situation and corresponding answer to my given situation.

First of all, I have a LG LX400 flip phone and have the unlimited texting package and no data services and have disabled NAI functionality attached to this phone to avoid web access fees that can happen for periodic phone updates.

I have been trying for 2 weeks to set up Yahoo! Mail to forward any e-mail received as a SMS text to the Sprint phone and have been unsuccessful.

I did all of what Yahoo! has stated including getting the cell phone number verified (have to receive a SMS text with a Confirm # to do that) and set up appropriate filters in Yahoo! Mail that do work correctly.  I have also checked the Send an Alert to my Mobile Device on the Filters and indicated the phone is Sprint.  Clearly, I believe that the text to get a cell phone number verified for Yahoo! Mail arrives at the phone in a different way than a forwarded e-mail text to the same phone.  Yahoo! had me run a test to see if the issue is with the Yahoo! Mail filters or with SMS delivery.

After running a test, the issue is clearly with SMS text delivery on the Sprint side of things.

Does the Disabled NAI Functionality stop me from getting forwarded SMS texts from Yahoo!?  Does anyone else have the same setup and Sprint plan as I do and can still get forwarded SMS texts from Yahoo!?

How can I get the forwarded SMS text without getting a data plan and also without being charged for accessing the internet?  After all, I do have unlimited texting and I'm not trying to send or receive pictures, only text.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points