This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2011 5:11 AM by Dj_Damjano RSS

htc evo Navigation upgrade

Tc102 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello.  I got a message to upgrade My Sprint Nav when I used it today.  It said it was because the company was merging with another Nav company and that it was a free upgrade.  I have tried hitting the upgrade button at least 10 times and each time its says it is downloading but nothing ever changes. I even tried taking the battery off of my phone.  Anyone else have a problem?

• 1. htc evo Navigation upgrade
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Here's what happened when I updated Sprint Navigation on a Demo phone.  First, I didn't have an SD card inserted and the update errored stating an SD card was required.  Next, when I tapped "download" from the features banner, it didn't appear as though anything happened. But, you can't see your notification bar from that screen, so tap Home, and drop down your notifications. You should see the update either downloading or completed download.  Just tap the notification.  However, this demo phone errored again, stating that "unknown sources" were blocked from download and showed a "settings" and "cancel" button.  So I hit "settings", and tapped "unknown sources", tapped ok on the warning message about downloading outside of the market and the unknown sources checked with a green checkmark.  I then went back to Sprint Navigation, and tapped the upgrade and download buttons again. Then to notifications, and when tapping the update this time, I'm presented with "replace existing application" then a new Telenav Navigator banner.  Tap "Install", then "Open" or "Done" after it installs.  Your Sprint Navigation icon is gone and you have a new Telenav Navigator icon in your apps.  And your done. 

Hope this helps.

Tom

Sprint Advanced Technical Support

• 2. htc evo Navigation upgrade
    DanaMillan Bronze Expert

Sounds like upgrading that Demo Phone was a lot of fun tomdeaver!!! LOL

• 3. htc evo Navigation upgrade
    MISTERJHBMICROS Newbie

I have the same problem, looks like I'll be on hold for an hour waiting for tech help.  When I click on upgrade now, it takes me to the TeleNav GPS screen.  I've pressed the free upgrade button and download now button, but both result in UPGRADE UNSUCCESSFUL reading in my notification bar.  I've looked through my settings, but no luck.  A friend said I had to go to settings>applications> and check allow installations from non-market applications.  This does not work either.

• 4. htc evo Navigation upgrade
    tangrets Regular Visitor

what version of the evo software are you running becuse it was seemless for me....

• 5. htc evo Navigation upgrade
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

I am doing the upgrade now. I will report back as soon as it's completed

MM

• 6. htc evo Navigation upgrade
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

Update completed. It's working fine here.

Now I just have to save the apk in case I have to reinstall

• 7. Re: htc evo Navigation upgrade
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert
    MISTERJHBMICROS wrote:

A friend said I had to go to settings>applications> and check allow installations from non-market applications. 

First time I tried it gave me the error for the Non-market application, after selecting it, it worked fine. Try turning your phone off and back on, and try doing it again. I had no trouble at all doing the update. Good Luck .

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...