This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2010 10:11 AM by SPaller RSS

Sprint PCS Picture Mail

Currently Being Moderated

I have heard that all picture mail sent and received to a certain phone can be viewed online, is this true? and is if it is how would I view that material?

Thank you,

daslacker001

• 1. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail
    Regular Visitor

http://pictures.sprintpcs.comThis is the url

Good luck

• 2. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail

Thank you I found that on my own, but I am still curious as to if the account holder is able to see all of the pics sent to and from each phone, I guess I should have been more specific, lol.

• 3. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail

Is is there any service for nextel phones like this?

i tried to register, but cannot because i have nextel, not sprint :(

although they DO say Sprint combined with nextel at the header of the page....... ???

o-well

• 4. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail
    Valued Member

The account holder does not automatically have access to any pictures that were sent/recieved. If they are able to login to your account on the picture mail site or have access to your phone then this is how that information woudl have to be accessed.

Hope that helps.

• 5. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail

what is the link for the picture mail site for nextel?

i am able to view messages on my primary phone line, but the 2nd line, shows nothing.

• 6. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail
    MONTANAXVI Expert

stephanieday516 wrote:

i am able to view messages on my primary phone line, but the 2nd line, shows nothing.

You don't need Picture Mail with Nextel, you can send MMS. Sprint doesn't have true MMS capability just Picture Mail so we have to send the url around to everyone and log onto the website to see pics that people send us.

• 7. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail
    Gold Expert

MontanaXVI wrote:

stephanieday516 wrote:

You don't need Picture Mail with Nextel, you can send MMS. Sprint doesn't have true MMS capability just Picture Mail so we have to send the url around to everyone and log onto the website to see pics that people send us.

Am I the only one here that finds this ironic and funny as ****, or what? I mean, legacy Sprint execs for the past few years have talked about how stellar and advanced their CDMA network is, and how lousy the iDEN network is. Yet, when it comes to delivering simple MMS, iDEN (a 2.5G network at best) kicks the CDMA network's ****.

Just yet another reason why Nextel was and is better than Sprint ever could be. Picture Mail. What a laugher.

• 8. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail

I hope someone can clarify it for me. You say Sprint does not have true MMS capability. Does that mean you won't be able to send a text message with an attachment (like pictures) to someone by simply specifying his/her phone number, like when you send an SMS? And will the recipient have to click on a URL to view the attached pictures on the Internet instead of viewing them directly on their phones?

TIA

• 9. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail
    3020fjr2 Bronze Expert

Yep that is correct. One Question i was reading here (Buzz about wireless page then) that there was a new picture mail page coming out soon and that it was really nice what the statues on that it about three month now and nothing yet.

• 10. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail

3020fjr wrote:

Yep that is correct. One Question i was reading here (Buzz about wireless page then) that there was a new picture mail page coming out soon and that it was really nice what the statues on that it about three month now and nothing yet.

I am not familiar with how Picture Mail works, so please bear with me. Should I take it that you won't be able to send Sprint Picture mail to a cellphone that's not Web-enabled, then? If so, that's pretty lame.

• 11. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail
    MONTANAXVI Expert

daihard wrote:

I hope someone can clarify it for me. You say Sprint does not have true MMS capability. Does that mean you won't be able to send a text message with an attachment (like pictures) to someone by simply specifying his/her phone number, like when you send an SMS? And will the recipient have to click on a URL to view the attached pictures on the Internet instead of viewing them directly on their phones?

TIA

It depends on the phone.

My Blackberry Curve can finally send an MMS to someone (thoughts are that it actually still goes through the Picture Mail servers) but the end result is an MMS like normal to the person you send to.

I am NOT able to get an MMS though without having to go through the link you get via an SMS telling you that you have new Picture Mail and go here to view it.  Supposedly the new Curve, still an 8330 but has an m on the end of it as an 8330m can send and get both ways like normal (again, word is that it will send and get like normal MMS, but still goes through Picture Mail servers so the image can be choppy, or slow to get)

The Palm Pre for example can send and get just like normal (no idea if it routes through PM servers or not, it is transparent if this is the case)

• 12. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail

I also have a sprint phone with no picture mail service, yet my girlfriend sent me a pic. mail. It said to "view media", "reply", "forward", etc.  When I hit view media it said sprint vision charges will apply, I accepted and a url flashed before showing the pic.  Is there a website this photo is on now?  I have gone to my account and tried to find it, but I don't have the url.  I guess we just want to make sure these photos aren't on some website for whoever to see.

Message was edited by: jtwice

• 13. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail
    naildriver88 Newbie

There is a website you log onto. I am trying to find the website out myself, though!

• 14. Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail
    Levi4u Master

Here is the direct link;  https://pictures.sprintpcs.com/publiclogin.do

You can also get to it from your account page, In the "My Media & Device" page is a row of tabs "Photos" being one of them.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...