This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 27, 2011 11:12 AM by abe2020 RSS

LG Optimus S driver to sync with Windows XP?

ELDunbar Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have an SD card that I'd like to transfer files too but my computer does not automatically recognize my phone...where can I find a driver? Or is there some other option I can choose in order for the card to appear as a drive?

• 1. Re: LG Optimus S driver to sync with Windows XP?
    abe2020 Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

To connect your device to a computer via USB:

1. Use the USB cable that came with your phone to connect the phone to a USB port on your computer.
    2. Open the Notification panel and tap USB connected.
    3. Tap the Turn on USB storage button and OK in the dialog box that opens to confirm that you want to
    transfer files.
    4. When the device is connected as USB storage, you receive a notification on your computer.  Your device's microSD card is mounted as a removable drive on your computer. You can now  copy files to and from the microSD card.

During this time, you will not be able to access the microSD card in your device, so you can't use applications that rely on the microSD card, such as Camera, Gallery, and Music.

To remove the connection

1. On your computer, complete the process to safely Stop, or Remove, the USB device (in this case, the
    phone). For example, use the Safely Remove  Hardware option to Stop the USB Mass Storage
    Device on Windows® XP.

2. Open the Notification panel (on your device) and tap Turn off USB storage to unmount the microSD card.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...