This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2011 5:49 PM by Kerry111 RSS

Rumor Touch and tethering

Kerry111 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Rumor Touch and tethering.  

I have four phones on my plan and two of them have PAM as part of the plan.  How do I tether a Rumor Touch?

• 1. Rumor Touch and tethering
    NHaysEWTS Sprint Employee

Unfortunately the Rumor Touch doesn't support PAM.

• 2. Rumor Touch and tethering
    Kerry111 Regular Visitor

Thank you.   Are there any new phones that do.  My plan is a very old free and clear plan so I am limited on the phones I can purchase.

• 3. Rumor Touch and tethering

Hello, The only ones I see on Sprint.com is the LG Lotus and Samsung Rant that wouldn't require you to change your plan.

• 4. Rumor Touch and tethering
    Kerry111 Regular Visitor

I really appreciate your help.  my plan is 9 years old and I have been with sprint for 12 or 13 years.  If I go with a everything data family 1500 minute plan is is true that all mobile to mobile (not just sprint) is included.  And if I do that can I use a phone as unlimited modem?

• 5. Rumor Touch and tethering

On the everything data plans, yes all mobile to mobile is free and that is any carrier.  Only calls to Landline, voicemail and 800-888-866-877 numbers will be taken out of your bucket of minutes. I don't believe you would be able to keep PAM as that is no longer offered and wouldn't carry over. But we do have phones that have mobile hot spots and that plan is 29.99 and can connect 5 to 8 devices and it is unlimited 3G/4G. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

--Nigel

• 6. Rumor Touch and tethering
    Kerry111 Regular Visitor

Thanks again for the information.  Because two of my plans specifically state that they include PAM with no limitations (I also have an email from e-care stating the same) can I assume that I would be safe using my phone as a modem when I am out of town.  I only ask because I am going out of town in a few weeks and would like internet access during that time.  I would change my plan but it appears that Sprint does not have anything that is close to what I am paying.  Thank you,  Kerry

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points