I am having an issue with my HTC Evo 4G. I turned my phone on this morning noticed it was saying it was in safe mode. I turned it off and turned it back on and it went to the HBOOT screen. I can't use the buttons to choose any of the items nor will the power button work. I've tried taking out the battery and taking out the SD card and nothing seems to be working. I am out of town and nowhere near a Sprint store. Is there something I can do to fix this?
If your phone is in HBOOT SCREEN you may want to try below steps:When you do that steps likelyhood is that you device will delete everything in your phone.
Here's how you fix the reboot loop.
1. Take out the battery for few seconds. Now put it back
2. Hold down the Volume-Down key, and press the power button.
3. Make sure you DO NOT have any PC36IMG.zip in your sdcard
4. Wait a few seconds, and you be present it with a menu of Recovery, Clear Storage..
5. Select Clear Storage option
6. Select VOL-UP key to say Yes clear storage
7. Phone will auto reboot in 5 seconds.
8. To be safe, do a wipe after this.
Sprint is proud to have been named to The Civic 50, an annual survey of America?s most community-minded companies.