This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2011 12:28 AM by Icee1 RSS

Phones won't connect to Airvana Airave, please help!

Icee1 Expert
Currently Being Moderated

All green lights on my Airave and yet, 3 Samsung Intercepts, and 1 Evo will   not connect to the Airvana Airave. The Blackberry Style will sometimes   connect to it so I know it works sometimes. Even with all Green lights   on it. I have Modem-Airave-Router. My friends Sprint phones will not  connect either. I have ran a VOIP quality test and got good results. I  have spent ours on the phone with Airave support with no fix. Can they  send me out a new Airave as I think this one is just broken? Any other  fixes? Ive tried unplugging and turning all phones off and taking batteries out and waited for Airave to turn back on be4 turning phones back on, updating PRL's and data profiles. No fixes.

• 1. Phones won't connect to Airvana Airave, please help!
    CDTechAdvocate Sprint Employee

Hello liliceman77,

The issues you have experienced with the Airave unit sound very frustrating. Based on what you have posted, it seems that you have taken quite a few troubleshooting steps. I would like to verify though, have you attempted to change the "Roaming" settings in each of the phones to "Sprint Only"? If not, change each device's Roaming setting to Sprint only, power them off and back on, and then test them again while within range of the Airave unit. Dialing *99 from the Sprint devices would be a good way to test them as you will receive a message saying "You are now within Airave coverage" if your phone has successfully connected. Hope this helps, let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

Regards,

CD

• 2. Phones won't connect to Airvana Airave, please help!
    Icee1 Expert

I contacted technical support and they were somewhat of a help. They told me that whenever I leave Airave coverage that for some reason alot of these phones have trouble reconnecting to it and that I must turn it off wait a few minutes and power them back on. That works most of the time. But I do have another question. The microphone in my Blackberry Style has broken. I do have TEP and so I contacted customer service and asked if a refurbished one could be mailed out. He said that I must first go into my local Sprint repair store and have them take a look at it. He then hung up mid sentence (Not a very good rep if you ask me). With you being a Sprint Employee, is there any way you could do that for me? As the closest repair store is 20 minutes away, is the only actual Sprint operated store in Louisville and according to the people they work there is the busiest Sprint store in the nation. And on top of that I'm so tied up with work I really do not have time to sit there and wait for them to fix it.

• 3. Re: Phones won't connect to Airvana Airave, please help!
    PCLou Expert

I see that despite asking the same question in various threads, you aren't satisfied with the advice/suggestions given to you.  If you don't mind me asking: Is this the same Blackberry Style you purchased used on eBay with just a few scratches?  If so, how did you manage getting it covered with T.E.P. in the first place?  Just sayin'.

• 4. Phones won't connect to Airvana Airave, please help!
    Icee1 Expert

I chatted with customer service at sprint.com/chat

• 5. Re: Phones won't connect to Airvana Airave, please help!
    PCLou Expert

I see,,,, thanks!  30-day window from activation to enroll, as long as the unit is functioning at the time, regardless of new/used condition.

• 6. Phones won't connect to Airvana Airave, please help!
    Icee1 Expert

Thank goodness I enrolled because the microphone in my device broke. I got an advanced exchange set-up (after alot of patience) and will be recieving my phone in 2-3 days, for no charge to me.

• 7. Phones won't connect to Airvana Airave, please help!
    PCLou Expert

Another example of Sprint going above and beyond to help someone out!  Congrats!

• 8. Phones won't connect to Airvana Airave, please help!
    Icee1 Expert

Sprint trully is a great company and makes me feel more than just a number.