9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2012 12:14 PM by beliving RSS

LG Optimus S Won't Connect to 3G

carrieverde Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

My LG Optimus S will no longer connect to 3G. This problem started about 2 days ago. I've tried power cycling and looking for a system update, but there are none available. Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: LG Optimus S Won't Connect to 3G
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Try going to menu>settings>wireless and networks  mobile networks >  is there a green check mark next to  data enabled.     If not check mark it

• 2. Re: LG Optimus S Won't Connect to 3G
    carrieverde Newbie

It is checked and still doesn't work . I didn't change any settings or anything, it just stopped connecting for some reason.

• 3. Re: LG Optimus S Won't Connect to 3G
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Go to about phone and do a data update  if it does not correct the porlbem  you will need to call customer service from a seperate phone so we can trouble shoot the problem   888-211-4727

• 4. Re: LG Optimus S Won't Connect to 3G
    beliving Bronze Expert

Even if it is checked, sometimes the data connection will reset if you uncheck it and check it again.

• 5. Re: LG Optimus S Won't Connect to 3G
    JeSuisPrest Newbie

Ok....I was having the same issue....no 3G been trying to figure out for days how to get it back. I powered it down and re-started it, now it's back. Hope it stays back now.

• 6. Re: LG Optimus S Won't Connect to 3G
    beliving Bronze Expert

If you don't want to reboot, I find that enabling Airplane mode for a few seconds also works.  I'm not sure if this is a network issue or a phone issue.

• 7. Re: LG Optimus S Won't Connect to 3G
    hjefferson08 Newbie

well i have been having the same problems with my lg optimus s also i have tried updating everything factory reset airplane mode and as soon as i turn my phone on it keeps saying error code 67 no matter how many times i update it it still keeps popping up and i am no longer sure what to do my 3g just will not pop back up

• 8. Re: LG Optimus S Won't Connect to 3G
    bpdolata Newbie

I have been losing my data connection on my Optimus for months now. I have to reboot the phone at least 10-15 times a day! Sometimes this does not even work and I am left with no data connection. I am so glad I waste so much money on this service each month and all I get it your contract is up in November. This is really ridiculous and then when I do have a connection it is so dam slow. Of course I have to wait until November 1 to get rid of this piece of junk. Not too sure if I am sticking with Sprint. Coverage in our area has also been terrible within the past two months. I keep getting the run around on that too. Everyone in our area that has Sprint is complaining and I think many just might jump to another carrier come renewal time.

• 9. Re: LG Optimus S Won't Connect to 3G
    beliving Bronze Expert

Another carrier may not have better service in your area, and changing carriers may very well cost more per month.  I analyzed my own plan, and found that every other carrier was more expensive than Sprint.  It would be unfortunate if you changed carriers to a higher monthly bill, only to find out the new carrier also doesn't service your area.  CDMA technology covers more area in the US than GSM, so keep that in mind if you live in a rural area.

Another option is the cell phone signal booser that connects to your broadband internet service.  I don't know much about it, except that it's supposed to increase service inside your house.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...