9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2011 10:47 AM by Gladiatorx RSS

text message wrong time stamp

medic_poff Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

When recieving messages they show wrong time but when sending they show right time, causes messages to show out of order, is there a fix for this ?

• 1. Re: text message wrong time stamp
    Dj_Damjano Gold Expert

I have not seen any issues with the time on my 3D, try restarting it, and also they rolled out 2 or 3 updates since Tue, did you get those updates? if not try updating your software and restart the phone, I thing that should do the trick. I hope this helps.

• 2. text message wrong time stamp
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Make sure that your device is updated to the latest device Software .Software Version: 1.13.651.7. Also I would say to manually set the time zone, date, and time: To set the time zone, date, and time on your device manually, you need to turn off auto time synchronization first. 1. Press and tap > Clock > World Clock tab. 2. Press -Local time settings. 3. Clear the Automatic check box and then set the time zone, date, and time as required. Once you’ve completed this troubleshooting steps.send text message again and check the timestamp. If time stamp shows wrong time, backup contacts to your sd card and do complete phone reset.

• 3. text message wrong time stamp
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

charger_medic,

I'm sorry you're having this issue, we do have a known issue in some markets where the receiving text message will be off by an hour, what is the difference in time that you're experiencing?

• 4. text message wrong time stamp
    toothpicktrevor Regular Visitor

make sure under settings>date&time> automatic time is checked. cus if its not the text messages are gunna come in in noth the right order.

• 5. text message wrong time stamp
    derek826 Newbie

I am also having the similar problem and it is putting all of my text messaging out of order. Whenever someone texts me they are 5 hours ahead. How do i fix this. I have tried it on automatic time and manual time.

• 6. text message wrong time stamp
    KHAIRIL77 Newbie

I have this problem too. I am from EST and my friend in EST had the time stamp 3 hours ahead of me!

Per notes above, I have updated my current location, and it is still not fixed.

Please provide us a software update. Thank you

• 7. text message wrong time stamp
    PG55829 Newbie

I have this same problem but my messages are only off by 3-4mins.  I just called sprint and they told me that this is a rare problem and the only thing I can do is a hard reset on my phone.  The only thing is my phone has had problems with the time since it came out of the box. At first it would show eastern time. I am in central time.  There for it cant be a conflict with software or a problem with the settings. Sprint told me if that doesn't work I would have to get a new phone.  Mind you I am past my 30 day sprint warranty so I would have to file with HTC's warranty program to try to get one.  

I also have a friend that works with me who has an EVO 3G and her phone does the same thing, but is off by hours.  This all seems to me to point to a problem with the cell towers being off, not my phone.

I think sprint has bigger problems that they aren't wanting to admit to.  Just my thoughts.
    If this is true, I hope they hurry up and fix the problems, this is really frustrating!

I am still receptive to any fix ideas if someone has them though. 

Things I have found that don't work are...

• Restating the phone
    • Turning it off, pulling the battery
  • 8. text message wrong time stamp
    medic_poff Newbie

From looking into it I have found that it has something to do with the towers when in roaming, I have noticed only time have problem is when in roaming and everyone I know with a sprint smartphone, which is my entire company has this issue, so its not rare.  I did find a fix for now though download the sms time stamp fix app and run it, takes care of problem completely.  This is apparently a well known issue because I have found numerous forum posts about it.

• 9. text message wrong time stamp
    Gladiatorx Regular Visitor

Hello Shane_M,

Can you please read my post here and give me some recommendations

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/341525#341525

Thanks,

GladiatorX

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points