This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2011 10:39 PM by THEEMON RSS

switching to straight talk

THEEMON Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

ive enjoyed sprint for 5 or 6 years now,  but straight talk as just as good-or better coverage as sprint and i can get 2 lines unlimited everything threw straight talk for 90$(45$x2) when i pay 130$(ish) per month with sprint.  i called customer service and explained this, that im a long time customer and i would like them to match straight talk's deal.  they tryed to help dont get me wrong, but couldnt do anything...   so  after the holidays im switching over to straight talk.

• 1. switching to straight talk
    rexcanis Bronze Expert

Have fun switching, see ya in 3 months when you can't stand their service and want to come back.

Sprint can't match their deal because the phone rebates are subsidized in your monthly bill. With StraightTalk you have to buy your phone up-front, and there is no service center for you to take it to if it breaks. You break it, you buy a new phone.

• 2. switching to straight talk
    THEEMON Newbie

well i paid 9$ for a 2 yr warranty that covers spills, breakage, general wear and tear.  thats not bad.  granted sprint did give me a free phone(with a 2 yr contract)  i dont think the 55-60$ i spent on my straight talk phone is a bad deal.

and i wouldnt switch without knowing there coverage....  my wifes whole family has straight talk, and has had them for awhile, and ive used the straight talk phones in some remote places, and they even had a few more single bars then sprint did

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...