5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2011 6:01 PM by sdialect31 RSS

LG Optimus S 2.3 Android Update....

robbrhodes Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Why does the specs for the LG Optimus S mention that it's shipped with Android 2.3? What's up with all the lies and mysterious misconceptions about this long long long awaited update? Can anyone tell us something. Come on now sprint, ***?

• 1. LG Optimus S 2.3 Android Update....
    SprintCares Sprint Employee

robb.rhodes,

I researched this for you and found this to be an error as well. I apologize for the inconvenience. I have notified the correct channel to correct this.

Thanks for the post,

William

SprintCares

• 2. LG Optimus S 2.3 Android Update....
    CELWORTHY1 Newbie

When will Sprint upgrade the Optimus S to 2.3??

• 3. LG Optimus S 2.3 Android Update....
    sdialect31 Expert

Android 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 SDK have been available for some time now. LG has posted the source code for the LG Optimus S towards the end of last month. There are some people running problem-free mods of 2.3 on HTC Hero CDMA and have been for long before now. How do people explain or defend why Sprint customers have handsets that run on whatever release version of android their phones had at time of purchase and no upgrades?

It seems all the right and wrong resources to deliver an update are in place, it's just a matter of what Sprint FEELS like doing on their own sweet time, if at all.

• 4. LG Optimus S 2.3 Android Update....
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

The updates for the device are released by Manufactures  We want everyone to be on the latest version of the software that is out.  While I have seen devices running the original software it is because the owner has not allowed the update. I can only encourage them to update the software if they choose not to allow the update that is their choice.  Sprint has released updates for all but the newest devices.   We get the software from the manufactures of the device  we do not write the updates or software for the phones. 

• 5. Re: LG Optimus S 2.3 Android Update....
    sdialect31 Expert

So is it safe to say LG has not delivered the update to Sprint? Is that the position that rings true? Or are we toying with the notion that users may be blocking such an update from reaching their handsets?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points