This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2011 1:01 PM by HDHQ234 RSS

problems with websites not loading.

kingjoe2626 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

@Sprint Hey ive been having this weird problem with my internet. For some reason certain websites just keep saying webpage not available. This is in miami fl 33128. Can someone check out the tower or something to see whats going on because this has been going on for like a week & a half now. Oh yeah & i deleted the cache & cookies & all the other troubleshooting tips update profile, prl nothings working.

• 1. problems with websites not loading.
    Sprint Employee

What operating system?  Go to computer>>properties and list the full description of OS.

What browser?  Go to Help>>About  or whatever steps you need to to give exact version number etc of browser- not just Chrome -IE7 or Safari

Which websites?

Which type of connection?  USB or hotpsot - Which model and software version?

We will also need an address more specific than just the sip - there are 4 towers in the area.

We know customers may experience issues when accessing the Charles Schwab website just in case that is the one you are having issues with.

I will monitor your reply.  You may also want to call us at 888-211-4727 select option 4  then 4  then 2 to get to level 2 tech support.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 2. problems with websites not loading.

No its on my cell phone. It started since from my epic & now its doing the samething on my evo 3D.

• 3. problems with websites not loading.
    averysmomma Regular Visitor

Dear Okiestro:  Why does Sprint and their techs keep implying that it is something with the users phone or computer? The network issues are all over these forums. Why is it so hard to admit? ALL these people are not experiencing these issues simultaneously on a fluke. I have been having same issue for over a week. I thought I had a virus and took 2 laptops in for a professional "cleaning". There was nothing. Internet will not load pages/images correctly and get error messages. When I took it back to the computer guy to show him it was still doing it after he said all was fine, I logged in to his wi fi and all was good. Same on my neighbors wi fi. We therefore ASSUMED modem (or a Sprint store employee told me so) so I got a NEW modem with a NEW 2 year agreement. STILL doing it. I have uninstalled and installed smartview, done all updates and had it reset by a tech over the phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled firefox and explorer as well as uninstalled spyware software I thought might be conflicting. I have taken EVERYTHING else out of the equation and left with the NETWORK. Please please see if there is a issue/ticket with 48003 zip, intersection of Glover Road and Dryden Road. A tech on the phone essentially told me I dont have a problem since i can get on, but when pages are loading only 20% of the time, there is a PROBLEM. I paid money I didnt have to for a virus cleaning and a new 2 yr agreement. If this issue isnt corrected shortly I will take the NEW MODEM back and rescind the new agreement. Thank you.

• 4. problems with websites not loading.
    Sprint Employee
    averysmomma

YOU have completed all the right steps.  We know and acknowledge there is an ongoing issue but we need to eliminate everything else.  Then we can look at the ones that are real.  The intersection you mentioned is 4.3 miles from the tower on Van **** and that is on the outer limits of coverage.  Is this on 50%  75% or 100% of the websites you try to access?  Give me an example of a few websites.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 5. problems with websites not loading.

Even the simple websites are doing that google, yahoo, facebook & any other websites that usually work just stop & says web page not available & if does load up a little it dosent load up the full page & the images dosent load up.

• 6. problems with websites not loading.
    Joesy05 Newbie

I am having the same problem I thought I was alone !!!! I been having it for over a week !!! I live in Miami fl also but in zipcode 33141 the same thing with web pages not being able to load I did everything Sprint customer service told me to do and I have been at my wits end cuz I was worried I would have to turn in my phone for a replacements which I so didn't wanna do thank god atleast I know I'm not alone I hope they fix this more than beyond problem with the data connection soon .........

• 7. problems with websites not loading.
    Pilly100 Regular Visitor

Same Problem here in SE MICHIGAN....SPRINT A DNS RESOLVER ISSUE THEY WONT ADMIT

it is effecting PHONES, and AIRCARDS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY

• 8. problems with websites not loading.
    averysmomma Regular Visitor

Larry, thank you for replying. I have had an old Novatel Wireless Ovation U720 for 4 years with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Even though on outer limits of coverage of tower, typically 4-5 bars at least, occassionally 6 bars and seemed even faster to me than my neighbors Verizon wi fi. I WAS very happy with it. Woke up last Friday to these issues. It doesn't matter what websites, its an umbrella 70-80% of the time that whatever I am trying to access will not load properly. Even my yahoo email. Here is an example: open firefox to which yahoo is homepage, wont load, will either get a yahoo error saying cant access page or URL too large (?) or a firefix error saying firefox prevented from redirecting to another page. Will just keep hitting home button or refresh 7-8 times before loading properly. Repeat those steps 7-8 times just to open inbox, again 7-8 times when simply trying to open an email that I was able to open with no problem 8 days ago. Facebook, for instance, wont load images/thumbnails. A forum with only text will take 7-8 times of hitting refresh for it to load properly. I had absolutely no problems with my old modem until Friday. I got the Sierra Wireless 250 (the round one) on Wed and same problems still with anywhere from 3-5 bars. The nearest Sprint store to me I travelled to after no help on the phone (basically told I dont have a problem) is about 15 miles away. (nearest one before was Imlay City but that closed). They said old modem going bad and convinced me to get the new one and a new agreement without mentioning the network issues. Then on Thurs I went to a different store 10 miles further than the first one where he told me of the network issues. After eliminating almost everything else, I can only conclude network issues. I have no problems only right next door on my neighbors verizon wi fi. I dont want to switch but will only deal so much with paying for a service that I am not getting.  Are there any open tickets/issues in my area?

• 9. problems with websites not loading.

I thought i was to. So i brought a new phone & everything then the new phone started doing the samething so i called them again & they keep saying its a tower issue but they have been saying that for a while now & they say they dont have an exact time & date when the issue will be resolved so i dont know what else to do.

• 10. problems with websites not loading.
    Pilly100 Regular Visitor

KNOCK ON WOOD, IT STARTED WORKING HERE @ 49229 and 49286

• 11. problems with websites not loading.
    blood512 Newbie

same here evo 4g unable to load page issue stated last week.

• 12. problems with websites not loading.
    DTAYLOR333 Newbie

SWAMPCITYCRIP26 wrote:

No its on my cell phone. It started since from my epic & now its doing the samething on my evo 3D.

EXACT same problem here with Evo 4G and zip code 40701.  For over a week now On about 75% of random websites, google, ebay, facebook, yahoo, CNN etc. etc. it loads just unclickable links, wont load at all, or loads with red x's for pics.  This happens on 3 different computers either hotspotted or tethered and happens on the phone browser itself with nothing else connected to it.  My niece, also in zip 40701, has an LG Optimus with hotspot and it works fine side by side with my Evo that is malfunctioning.   Get this, I did every reset possible with tech support over the phone and chat and then finally had my phone replaced by tech support 5 days ago with a refurbished Evo 4g... got it in the mail, fired it up and... same problem.    Ive since been to two stores, one today, where a tech worked on it behind closed doors.  Today it was actually fixed for about 2 hours but got home a minute ago and bingo, problems are back!  Im in a rural area and this is the only internet thats avaiable, no DSL, no cable, nothing!  And its driving me nuts!  Please help or at least say "there's a widespread network problem and we will get it fixed ASAP!"  instead of denying and deflecting.  Customers won't drop you if youre honest theres a problem, I would come closer to doing that by being jerked around much longer.

• 13. problems with websites not loading.
    rrjack16 Regular Visitor

Well I live in  the 48002 zip and seem to be having the same problem. However, not just at my house but everywhere I go and try!!! I have the EVO 4g and the hotspot is the only way I can get internet in my house also. I am soooooooooo tired of calling Sprint because it does no good. I have updated everything, took out battery and even factory reset my phone,,,Very, Very unhappy right now

• 14. problems with websites not loading.
    buddy1142003 Newbie

In our house we have (2)  Sprint MiFi air cards and I have been having problems for over a week with both of them  not loading the web pages also 99% of the time i get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page".  I also have an Sprint Epic phone with a "Hotspot" on it and that works fine.  But the MiFi units will not work.  I didn't get to the point of taking my computer in yet, but I have done 2 system restores on it thinking I had done something to it.....I live in the 48412 zip (Attica).  You are not alone.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...