This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2011 2:11 PM by Mr.Sprintastic RSS

DNS SERVER PROBLEM

rrjack16 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

So for the last two weeks I have has nothing but problems with my data connections on my EVO4G. I have called many many times, updated everything, took battery out and even factory reset many times. I also have taken my phone in twice and both times I have been told that my phone is fine. It is a Sprint problem, something about the DNS server. Some pages load, some don't. If they do load all the pictures are missing with a red x. But most of the time I am getting web page not avalible. I really truly doubt yahoo, google, foxnews, and facebook are all having trouble. Now I really do not know anthing about computers but how do I fix this. Geeksquad and Sprint Store both said that I can't do anything about it only Sprint can. Ofcourse, when I call Sprint they treat me like I am an idiot and only try do things to my phone. Supposedly, I do have a ticket open with the network department and have not heard anything back. Yesterday, I talked to 6 different people and had different answers with everyone. One said tower, one said towers fine. One said that other people in area have called also. One even said that I do not have a ticket and noone else has called then tried to trouble shoot my phone. My hotspot is the only interent I have and I am ready to cry because I can not get answers and feel like I am getting the run aroound. What do I do?? I live in the 48002 zipcode but have noticed this in other areas also

• 1. DNS SERVER PROBLEM
    MWR33 Regular Visitor

Interesting.  I am in zip code 40202 with the exact same problem (see posts regarding sucky data in Louisville).  It's so unreliable that I'll be demanding credits to my account soon.

• 2. DNS SERVER PROBLEM
    Jennifersf1206 Newbie

Hi, I'm srry this is happening to you. Has your EVO 4G ever worked fine? BC I just bought an EVO 3D and it was FINE for 2 weeks and then it stopped and it's doing the exact same things to me. I need to talk to you, so we can compare stories and what's going on. Please get back to me so we can try to figure this out together, I don't know but i'm going through the same thing you are with my EVO 3D...

• 3. DNS SERVER PROBLEM
    Jennifersf1206 Newbie

ONE< i'm going through the same thing you are, with the EVO 3D, and they treat me the same way...

• 4. DNS SERVER PROBLEM
    HDHQ234 Regular Visitor

I too was having this problem with my Sprint AirCard starting Mid-July 2011. If you go to the properties of your connection in Windows and change your DNS numbers to use Google's DNS servers you'll be all set. Numbers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Mike

• 5. DNS SERVER PROBLEM
    HDHQ234 Regular Visitor

I too was having this problem with my Sprint AirCard starting Mid-July 2011. If you go to the properties of your connection in Windows and change your DNS numbers to use Google's DNS servers you'll be all set. Numbers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Mike

• 6. DNS SERVER PROBLEM
    Mr.Sprintastic Sprint Employee

ONECRAZIBTCH,

It sounds more like a data connectivity issue than a Domain Name Service issue.  If you are getting Page not displayed than you may be having an issue with your device not finding the network. Completing a ##RTN# on your device does reset all the saved network settings on your device.  This narrows it down to hardware or the network.  I didn’t see any reported issues in your area.

I will send you a Private message to get additional information.

Thanks,

-Ron

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points