This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2011 11:35 AM by STEPHENH0GG RSS

HTC EVO 4G Error Code 104

GOPHERGAL18 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I recently got an Evo 4G and started receiving the following message "Error Code 104: Unable to establish wireless data connection." What can I do to fix this? I can't seem to find anything relating to this error code. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Thanks for your help!

• 1. HTC EVO 4G Error Code 104
    JPSquared Sprint Employee

Hello!

This error is caused by the voicemail system trying to check in to see if you have any voicemail. This more than likely is the result of data not working on the phone. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the web or other internet services have stopped working as well.

Go ahead and try this to see if it will get it resolved.

From the home screen, press the menu key, then select Settings. Go down to System Updates and then select Update Profile.

It will pop up a message with something along the lines of the Network is Preparing your services, please wait.

If that goes through successfully, I suspect that will clear up your issue. If not, let me know and we can figure it out for you.

• 2. HTC EVO 4G Error Code 104
    paugusta14 Newbie

I've been getting this for weeks.  I updated my profile yesterday also and that did not fix the issue.  I've also pulled the battery, for other reasons, I needed to pull the memory card, and I'm still getting the error.

I've noticed that even though I've deleted many of the apps on my phone something is taking up a lot of space that I cannot see.  And I can't get it to connect as a disk drive to my computer any longer.

I don't know what's going on with the phone.  I'd be more frustrated if it actually affected my usage of the phone, but the hotspot seems to function fine and I can still make calls. 

• 3. HTC EVO 4G Error Code 104
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

paugusta14,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your phone. Have you tried any other troubleshooting besides updating profile and pulling battery? Also you mentioned that your services were not affected by this error, so does the message pop up at random or do you notice it popping up when opening any particular type of application?

Regarding the free space shrinking, have you tried going into the applications you have left and clearing out the data/cache (Warning: doing this to some applications will cause you to have to either log back in or set back up such as email application)? Some times over time certain applications will continue to store information.

• 4. HTC EVO 4G Error Code 104
    fireguy_6364 Master

i had the free space shrinking issue yesterday out of the blue. only fix was to FR the phone. no matter what i deleted or cleared it got worse.

• 5. HTC EVO 4G Error Code 104
    domihoho1a Newbie

I am having the same problem, several times a day.  Also when the error code comes in, it does not acknowledge my touch on the screen and I have to powerdown or reboot the phone.  I have not heard what the solution is, still waiting.

• 6. HTC EVO 4G Error Code 104
    STEPHENH0GG Newbie

I have the same issue with my screen not responding... It will be on the upper 3/4 of my screen and end up having to reboot.  I am beginning to get very frustrated with the EVO.  Constant 104 errors.  I couldn't make a phone call for over an hour last night because of error 67.  Anyone have any solutions other than updating profile?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...