5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2011 5:28 PM by Bargainslayer RSS

Front facing camera on evo3D wont work

itssivaguru Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

The Front facing camera on my Evo 3D wont work .

I started the stock camera App , when I click on the button/icon to switch between front and Back Cameras, the app freezes and shuts down .

Even tried restartgin the phone but no good .

Anyone else seen this problem or any resolutions ?

Thanks

• 1. Front facing camera on evo3D wont work
    BeaArthur Bronze Expert

I have seen a few issues like this with the camera on this phone - all of the issues that I have seen were resolved by powering the phone off, removing the battery for 1 minute, replacing the battery and powering the phone back on. Try that please and let us know.

And here is a quote from a store technician that was having camera issues - maybe this helps - "The issues seem to happen only when using the physical button and usually when there's some stuff running in the background. I have found that if you go to the built-in task manager and kill the camera process and then relaunch the camera app via the app menu (not the side button) it will function again - pressing the side button does not launch it again after the process is killed."

• 2. Front facing camera on evo3D wont work
    itssivaguru Newbie

I tried powering the phone off, removing the battery for 1 minute, replacing the battery and powering the phone back on . But I still see the same behavior .

I start to suspect if the Front facing camera is faulty on my device .

And No, I did not use the physical button , I launched the application from the menu .

• 3. Front facing camera on evo3D wont work
    BeaArthur Bronze Expert

Okay, I understand, thanks for the information. I agree - seems to be a faulty camera - at this point I recommend that you take the phone in to a service and repair center to have a technician run a diagnostics test. Or you could try a factory reset (the device would be reset to factory settings and all information including contacts, messages, settings, etc will be deleted - anything stored on the memory card will not be deleted including pictures, videos, music, etc.)

• 4. Front facing camera on evo3D wont work
    Bargainslayer Regular Visitor

My camera has two problems.  The device locks up after I take a picture, which seems to be a common problem.  Also, the front facing camera only shows an upside down reverse (back side) image.  Resetting does nothing.  This is my second Evo 3d since the first one had a blown speaker sound in the earpiece. 

• 5. Front facing camera on evo3D wont work
    Bargainslayer Regular Visitor

After researching this appears to be a known issue with the 3D.  I am not interested in driving an hour and waiting 4 hours to a repair center for them to tell me my 2nd 3D is defective.  looks like I need to call it in and trade to a regular Evo.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points