1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2011 2:49 PM by beliving RSS

Low on Storage Space

TAFaulk Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

My LG Optimus S keeps saying that it is low on storage space and won't let me send or receive any text messages. I have only a couple messages locked on my phone and have deleted all others in my inbox. Why is this happening? I have taken out the battery and turned back on, restarted the phone, don't know what else to do but it's getting quite annoying. Can anyone please help me?

• 1. Low on Storage Space
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello TAFaulk, some items that may cause this are low storage space in phone, or reclaimed space not properly reported. from menu > settings> sd card & phone storage how much on phone memory do you have at bottom?

• 2. Low on Storage Space
    TAFaulk Regular Visitor

• 3. Low on Storage Space
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Have you already tried to delete some messages, maybe clear your browser cache and power the phone off/on? which software version does your phone have?

• 4. Low on Storage Space
    TAFaulk Regular Visitor

I cleared all messages a while ago, powered the phone off/on, and took battery out and powered back on - still got the message. I just figured out how to clear the browser cacheand haven't seen the message now for a few minutes. I have version 2.2

• 5. Low on Storage Space
    theridge69 Newbie

Im having the same problem! I have version 2.2 and have UNinstalled a LOT of the programs that come with the phone that I dont need ie. E entertainment and **** like that. Nothing vital. I get about 50 texts, and I get all these alarms going off about how Im "Low on space" and my texts are being returned for lack of room. Ive downloaded 18 apps since Ive gotten my Optimus S. (7/25/11). And granted the largest one is a 9mb reader. But I have a 4 gb on my micro SD. and according to the phone, I have 33.30 MB left on my phone, which Im assuming is enough room to operate a few texts. and I have 2.93 MB on my SD card. I have moved what I can to my SD which is most of the apps that I have downloaded (remember 18 apps), Ive also "upped" the number of allowable texts and media texts my phone will accept. So it's not those settings either. Ive also done the taking the battery out bit to reset it. And I just dont understand how this can be happening. when I go to: Settings-Applications-running services, the "scale" at the bottom shows the amount of free space in green which takes up 3/4 of the bottom of the screen in green telling me that I have "Avail 123mb +135Mb in 20" So, WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?? This is making me crazy!! Ive waited eagerly for this phone for sometime, and now Im about ready to use it to steady the wobbly table in my kitchen! Or if it tells me I have no more space again, It's gonna become a UFO over Las Vegas!!! This is frustrating and infuriating!! Can anyone help me and make some suggestions?? Thank you!!!

• 6. Low on Storage Space
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello theridge69, after you moved the apps that you were allowed to SD how much Internal phone storage was available? how did you "up" the number of allowable texts and media texts that your phone will accept? have you tried deleting a couple of messages then sending one to your self to see if the phone is still rejecting them?

• 7. Low on Storage Space
    TAFaulk Regular Visitor

the ridge69, I have done everything that I"ve been instructed to do also and I am totally ready to dump this phone. I get more frustrated by the minute. I have uninstalled most of the apps that I able to (which btw, was one reason I wanted the phone in the first place) so now I can't even enjoy that feature of the phone. I have to delete each message that comes in and I still get a "force closed" message all the time! I am just as frustrated as you. I couldn't wait to get this phone, now I'm ready to send it back however I am passed my 30 days (how convenient that they didn't start happening till after the 30 days). I can hardly even use the internet on the thing. What good is it? Wish I could help you out, but can't.

• 8. Low on Storage Space
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello TAFaulk, I was under the impression that you no longer saw a memory warning after clearing your browser cache. you hadn't replied that you continued to have trouble. how much free space do you have?

• 9. Low on Storage Space
    TAFaulk Regular Visitor

I didn't see any warnings for about an hour then they started coming up again. My free space is 51.14

• 10. Low on Storage Space
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

How much memory did you have available the last time that you had trouble, and have you moved all available apps to the SD card?

• 11. Low on Storage Space
    CEFJCN Newbie

I haven't downloaded many apps at all and I am ready to get rid of this phone too! I have no problem moving things to the memory card, but most of the applications aren't able to be moved to the memory card!! Pretty crappy! Glad I'm not the only one!

• 12. Low on Storage Space
    beliving Bronze Expert

It's probably an update that's taking up the space on your phone.  Once it's complete, you will stop receiving the message.  Once, I had about 30MB of free memory, and downloaded a 17MB application.  After moving it to the SD card, I still kept getting the warning message for another hour, until I rebooted the phone.

• 13. Low on Storage Space
    ZEBRALADY77 Newbie

I just transferred a ton of apps to my SD Card and I'm no longer getting the Low On Space message, but the message that was being block hasn't come through yet? Is there a way to push it through??? I've already sent myself a text and it came through.

Darn

• 14. Low on Storage Space
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello ZEBRALADY77, I'm sorry to say that when you were seeing message rejected those messages were purged from the network.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...