This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 7:29 PM by EmViCa RSS

Audio problems with LG Rumor Touch

CASTEAWAYSIX1 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone had a problem with using an LG Rumor Touch and people on the other end of the conversation not being able to hear what you are saying?

• 1. Re: Audio problems with LG Rumor Touch
    jellybean91 Expert

When you on the call try turning up you volume, this will turn up /down the on call volume.

• 2. Audio problems with LG Rumor Touch
    strebor.aras Newbie

I sure have! They told me to do a bunch of stuff and it worked for a day, now it is back to the same thing! It is making me crazy!

• 3. Re: Audio problems with LG Rumor Touch
    EmViCa Newbie

I have the same exact problem with my LG Rumor Touch. It's absurd! I can hear the person on the other end fine, yet they can't hear me. It has nothing to do with signal strength, because it happens whether I have half of a bar or 4 bars; turning up the volume during the call is not helpful, either. When this first started happening, if it kept being a problem I would turn the phone off, take the battery out for a minute or so, and then put it back in and power on. This seemed to sometimes help, however it is no longer solving the problem. My phone is unusable for calls, and is pretty much reduced to a very expensive instant messaging handheld device. I'm in the process of finding a replacement phone, and unfortunately will probably have to shell out a few hundred bucks for one. Guess I'll be eating Ramen noodles for the next two weeks, eh?

I would appreciate immensely any feedback as to what is possibly causing this to happen and if there is any solution.

EDIT: Just thought I'd give an update - apparently the problem was the microphone(shot). Unfortunately, this is not something that can be fixed by the techs and I ended up having to replace my phone. However, the Sprint store was able to order the replacement for me and swap out my contacts from my old phone to my new one. It was $35 and the best part is, my contract was not changed at all.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points